Windows 10: Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update

Discus and support Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so i installed the latest Windows 10 update of May a few days ago and immediatly realised how slow and laggy my PC had become. It's pretty weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Romain1998, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update

Hello, so i installed the latest Windows 10 update of May a few days ago and immediatly realised how slow and laggy my PC had become. It's pretty weird because i never had such issue before with it. Is someone else facing the same issue after installing this update ?

***moved on english forum***

:)

Romain1998, Jun 4, 2019

2. NEW Acer Swift 1 - Unable to setup Fingerprint

I recently bought a new Acer Swift 1 laptop, but I'm unable to get the fingerprint option set up. I've tried almost all suggestion from a previous thread posted by someone else, but I have not have much success. Please help!!

KristiGoetting, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

Hi,

I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to.

The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to register a print in Windows Hello (comes up with multiple "your device is having trouble recognising you" messages),
    and when it does it only seems to work about maybe one in five times (same error message), usually meaning I have to log in with a pin (first world problems etc.)

So far I have tried:

1. Updating the driver 2) Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver 3) Deleting and re-recording my fingerprint 4) Recording a different finger, to no avail. I have visually inspected and cleaned the sensor.
    Does anyone have any suggestions / quick fixes for this? If I cannot resolve it it is not a huge issue (I can just log in with a pin in 2 seconds), and I can't really be bothered to send it back and wait 7
    days etc just to repair this one component.

Interestingly I had a similar issue with a LG G6 phone last year too, so maybe its me.

Thanks in advance.

skyandcosmos, Jun 4, 2019
  4. AlanHo Win User

Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update

Acer S5-371 Super Thin Laptop Will Not Install Recent Win 10 Updates.

My Acer S5-371 Super Thin laptop has not been able to install Win 10 updates since 21/05/2018. The last one being Version 1709 KB413466.

The 240 GB SSD is divided into two partitions
    C: 100 GB For the OS and software (with 20 GB unused space)
    D: 19 GB For all data (with 199 GB unused space)

Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update [​IMG]

You can see that it downloads the updates OK but the install fails, and upon the next laptop boot-up in shows a message that the laptop is waiting for a restart to install updates. If I do this, the cycle repeats. If I ignore it, I can use the computer normally but there is a regular notification appearing above the system tray that there are updates awaiting installation.

I thought that the last update to be installed may be the culprit so I restored my C: Drive from an Acronis Back-up made on May 1st which is before this update. Win 10 downloaded them all again and only installed the one dated 21/05/2018. Hence this plan didn't work.

I then found via Google that some SSD's in thin laptops are a problem - so contacted Acer UK Support who confirmed that my laptop model had been tested and will install all the latest updates including Version 1803. They suggested I make more space on the C drive or plug a USB hard drive into the laptop to give Updates more space for temporary files. This didn't help.

The laptop warranty expired 4 months ago and Acer are now suggesting I should send it to them for repair at my cost. I cannot conceive that it is a hardware problem and am loath to do this without further advice.

I am now considering restoring the laptop to factory settings and trying to update Win 10 again. This means I will need to reinstall all my software and data. Before I take this step I would welcome other ideas.

AlanHo, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update

1. Acer Swift 1 (2018) super laggy after installing the 1903 update - Similar Threads - Acer Swift 2018

2. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  3. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  4. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can set up my acer swift 1: when I configure my computer, I stay on a blue screen at the service tab, right after the configuration of the office suite. I can't do anything more except go back and the setup never completes. What can I do?...
  6. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can set up my acer swift 1: when I configure my computer, I stay on a blue screen at the service tab, right after the configuration of the office suite. I can't do anything more except go back and the setup never completes. What can I do?...
  7. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Acer swift 3 no boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer swift 3 no boot: Hi, I have an acer swift 3 SF314-52 and I woke up one day and it wouldnt respond to anything but the blue light would indicate it was on. I tried all the obvious like the battery pin hole. That also seemed to do nothing so I decided I would take it all apart and reseat...
  9. Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1): Hello all. So to quickly recap the past issues I have had I got my Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 back in February and noticed a month or two ago I was getting BSOD type crashes (most of the time it seemed without an actual blue screen). A lot of these crashes had the bugcheck...
  10. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue: Hi, I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to. The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer swift 1 1903

2. 1903 update acer swift 1

3. wondows 1903 on acee swift 1