Windows 10: Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

Discus and support Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by skyandcosmos, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

Hi,

I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to.

The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to register a print in Windows Hello (comes up with multiple "your device is having trouble recognising you" messages), and when it does it only seems to work about maybe one in five times (same error message), usually meaning I have to log in with a pin (first world problems etc.)

So far I have tried:

1. Updating the driver 2) Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver 3) Deleting and re-recording my fingerprint 4) Recording a different finger, to no avail. I have visually inspected and cleaned the sensor.

Does anyone have any suggestions / quick fixes for this? If I cannot resolve it it is not a huge issue (I can just log in with a pin in 2 seconds), and I can't really be bothered to send it back and wait 7 days etc just to repair this one component.

Interestingly I had a similar issue with a LG G6 phone last year too, so maybe its me.

Thanks in advance.

:)

skyandcosmos, Nov 13, 2018

2. NEW Acer Swift 1 - Unable to setup Fingerprint

I recently bought a new Acer Swift 1 laptop, but I'm unable to get the fingerprint option set up. I've tried almost all suggestion from a previous thread posted by someone else, but I have not have much success. Please help!!

KristiGoetting, Nov 13, 2018
  3. RAJU.MSC Win User
    NEW Acer Swift 1 - Unable to setup Fingerprint

completely uninstall the fingerprint driver from device manager or uninstall the fingerprint software completely, restart the device ,

update the fingerprint driver from device manager or from windows update, restart the windows

after logging , setup the fingerprint

RAJU.MSC, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

1. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue - Similar Threads - Acer Swift Fingerprint

2. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  3. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  4. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can set up my acer swift 1: when I configure my computer, I stay on a blue screen at the service tab, right after the configuration of the office suite. I can't do anything more except go back and the setup never completes. What can I do?...
  6. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can set up my acer swift 1: when I configure my computer, I stay on a blue screen at the service tab, right after the configuration of the office suite. I can't do anything more except go back and the setup never completes. What can I do?...
  7. I can set up my acer swift 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Acer swift 3 no boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer swift 3 no boot: Hi, I have an acer swift 3 SF314-52 and I woke up one day and it wouldnt respond to anything but the blue light would indicate it was on. I tried all the obvious like the battery pin hole. That also seemed to do nothing so I decided I would take it all apart and reseat...
  9. Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs on laptop (Acer Swift 1): Hello all. So to quickly recap the past issues I have had I got my Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 back in February and noticed a month or two ago I was getting BSOD type crashes (most of the time it seemed without an actual blue screen). A lot of these crashes had the bugcheck...
  10. Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log onto my Acer Swift 1 using PIN: Cant login.your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings. Pin nor finger print works. No key icon appears. ***Title Modified from "Can’t log onto my aces swift 1 I just purchased"***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer fingerprint driver windows 10

2. using fingerprint to sign into windows ten acer swift 3

3. acer swift cant login

4. acer swift 1 fingerprint driver,
  5. acer swift 1 new fingerprint driver