Windows 10: Acer touch screen not working

Discus and support Acer touch screen not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New computer with Windows 10. Looked under Device Manager for HID touch screen (nothing found). Went to Acer site to download three VGA files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frustrated1948-me-too, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Acer touch screen not working

New computer with Windows 10. Looked under Device Manager for HID touch screen (nothing found). Went to Acer site to download three VGA files. Problem is I don't know there to put them once I extract them (put the unzipped folders on my Desktop for now) and once I have them unzipped what steps need to be taken next?

:)

Frustrated1948-me-too, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Dec 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Acer Announces Touch LCD T231H

Touch screen computing experience has just got better. Acer brought the ease of use of touch technology to LCD displays with the T230H model. Now the company takes a step further with the all-new T231H LCD, combining the immediacy of touch with an advanced ergonomic design that ensures maximum comfort even during sustained use.

The reason of the success of touch screen technology is easy to understand: it’s through touch that we start to interact and discover the world we live in. This is why one of the most common reactions when we see an object is the desire to touch it. Touch is natural and immediate: users do not have to know how to use a computer, and even neophytes can make their choices simply touching the monitor.

Acer touch screen not working 52a_thm.jpg

The Acer T231H display is ready to let you take advantage of the touch capabilities. It responds to the tap of your fingers that becomes your mouse, so you can interact with your computer in the most intuitive way possible.
    After connecting your Acer Touch Monitor T231H to your notebook or desktop PC, it only takes a few steps to set up the touch-screen functions, unlocking a new way of interacting with your PC. The new advanced ergonomic design allow the working angle to be adjusted from 5° to 60° to ensure the maximum comfort especially during sustained use, whether viewing or engaging in touch operations. You can easily adjust the monitor angle using just with one hand.

Once you have found the best working angle, using your fingers you can tap on the screen to open documents or navigate web sites. You can scroll through web pages, documents, playlists, or photo albums; you can flip through web pages and photos or use two fingers to rotate, expand or reduce them to the size you want; you can also take notes directly on the screen of your display.

But experiencing the wonders of touch screen technology is not all you get with the Acer T231H display. The 58 cm (23 inch) panel with Full HD 1920x1080 resolution enables jaw-dropping cinematic views of the latest high definition content and is just right for advanced Full HD gaming, multimedia and productivity applications. Because of the 16:9 aspect ratio it portrays the perfect fit to watch every bit of a movie with no black stripes, permitting to reproduce images without distortion from incompatible aspect ratios.

The T231H LCD monitor delivers flawless moving images through a rapid 2ms response time, plus an improved gray-to-gray response time with OD (overdrive) technology enhances the moving-picture viewing experience. An 80,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, optimized by Acer Adaptive Contrast Management, renders amazing pictures by analyzing and adjusting images frame by frame, optimizing contrast through enhancement of detail and gradation in bright or dim scenes.

Digital input maximizes the connection quality between LCD monitors and other digital sources including PC graphic cards. The Acer T231H display is equipped with one DVI and one HDMI port to provide advanced digital connectivity and enable outstanding high-definition viewing and best quality video and audio currently available.

To give users a superior viewing experience, the T231H display takes advantage of the latest display technologies:
    • Acer eColor Management technology adapts the performance of the panel to different environments, light conditions and viewing preferences enabling users to fine-tune the display settings by redefining the colour precision according to the work mode: data, media, cinema or images.
    • Acer Adaptive Contrast Management (ACM) dynamically adjusts the contrast ratio to achieve ultra-sharp images. Each scene is analysed to fine-tune images frame by frame and enhance colour quality, obtaining a dramatic improvement of gradation and detail, especially in dimmer and brighter scenes. Acer ACM also enables the LCD monitor to use less power and save energy.
    • Acer eDisplay Management is a powerful tool enabling advanced colour calibration and display management. Each personalized setting can be stored and quickly recalled for different applications and light conditions.

btarunr, Dec 8, 2018
  4. mark c Win User

Acer touch screen not working

Acer touch screen laptop using windows 10

Cracked screen renders touch screen partially working on laptop, wanted to add Acer UT220HQL touch screen monitor and use its touch screen as main monitor.

I set the Acer touch screen as the main monitor, but cannot get the touch function to work. Any ideas?

mark c, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Acer touch screen not working

1. Acer touch screen not working - Similar Threads - Acer touch screen

2. Acer Spin 3 Windows 11 Touch Screen not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Spin 3 Windows 11 Touch Screen not working.: Hi, I'm having problems with my touch screen all of a sudden not working I use it a lot and recently i realized it wasn't working. I Checked the events tab of HID compliant touch screen, and it said device is working properly. Under the events tab the first few listings were...
  3. Acer Spin 3 Windows 11 Touch Screen not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Spin 3 Windows 11 Touch Screen not working.: Hi, I'm having problems with my touch screen all of a sudden not working I use it a lot and recently i realized it wasn't working. I Checked the events tab of HID compliant touch screen, and it said device is working properly. Under the events tab the first few listings were...
  4. Touch Screen Not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Not working.: I have HP EliteBook 820 laptop. I was working and suddenly my laptop touchscreen stop working. Now I am trying hard and try all possible solution. I think some shortcut key is press by me so that why it turn off or not working. If any solution please tell me....
  5. acer touch pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    acer touch pad not working: Hi I am using acer ultra think laptop. Upon closing the lid and then opening the lid again, the touch pad not working. I have to restart my laptop then the touch pad works. Also if make the latop in tab modeby rotating the lid then again bringing back to laptop modeby...
  6. Touch screen not working!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch screen not working!!!: I have a touch screen that I bought on amazon but it dose not want to work on my pc. Before it use to work but now it doesn't. I am NOT using a laptop and I don't see HID-compliant touch screen. The only way I do see it is when I go to view show hidden devices. I even tried...
  7. touch screen not working.

touch screen not working.: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my Ematic1118 ns. I need the display driver. Ematic wont respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/df8564d1-e36e-425a-9470-0dba6c875fbc
  8. Touch Screen not Working

Touch Screen not Working: I have a touch screen attached to my desktop that is not working. I have upgraded to the latest version of WIndows 3/17/2020. When I look at HID devices, there is no HID for touchscreen. On the system screen it explicitly states "No Pen or Touch input is available for this...
  9. touch screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch screen not working: touch pad and keyboard work but since last two updates in the last two days, my touch screen does not respong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-not-working/8874f04d-99f3-441a-b596-71a330aa8c99
  10. Touch screen not working

Touch screen not working: I am on a Dell Venue 10 Pro 5055, and I just installed Windows 10. I looked in device management, and the touch screen device, HID-compliant touch screen device is missing, i have tried troubleshooting, and i don't have a "hardware and devices troubleshooter" option, even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer touch screen not working