Windows 10: Acer touchpad not working.

Discus and support Acer touchpad not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my toychpad on my acer laptop suddenly stopped working. i have updated the driver and done basic troubleshooting as per what i can find on google.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sh8z, May 13, 2020.

1. Sh8z Win User

Acer touchpad not working.

Hi

my toychpad on my acer laptop suddenly stopped working. i have updated the driver and done basic troubleshooting as per what i can find on google. please help. thanks

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Elan Touchpad Not Working Acer Aspire s3

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, May 13, 2020
  3. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W, When I initially reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working so I installed these drivers from Acer it worked fine until I updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.10:
    • Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

AvidSurvivalist, May 13, 2020
  4. Acer touchpad not working.

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Acer touchpad not working.

1. Acer touchpad not working. - Similar Threads - Acer touchpad working

2. Touchpad is not working. Windows 11, Acer Nitro 5.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad is not working. Windows 11, Acer Nitro 5.: Touchpad is not working and cursor is not showing unless I plugged in a usb mouse. Even when the mouse and the cursor is already showing, the touchpad is still not working.I went to my device manager and saw under the Human Interface Devices is 12IC HID Device has a warning...
  3. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  4. acer laptop touchpad not working?

acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  5. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touchpad not working on Acer Swift 3 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working on Acer Swift 3 Laptop: I have a one year old Acer Swift 3. Today I noticed the touchpad had stopped working entirely, meaning I can only use my mouse. Here is what I have tried:- Updating driver from device manager I cannot even find a driver for my touchpad listed, even with hidden devices shown-...
  7. Touchpad not working on Acer Swift 3 Laptop

Touchpad not working on Acer Swift 3 Laptop: I have a one year old Acer Swift 3. Today I noticed the touchpad had stopped working entirely, meaning I can only use my mouse. Here is what I have tried:- Updating driver from device manager I cannot even find a driver for my touchpad listed, even with hidden devices shown-...
  8. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  9. Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working

Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working: my touchpad cant be detected, the synaptic p/s 2 driver at device manager is not working. saw this info message. not sure if this is due to ffc cable problem? because the ffc cable seems a bit worn out. Device ACPI\SYN1B45\4&21eaa156&0 had a problem starting. Driver...
  10. Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15

Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15: After the technician uninstall intel graphics, insert his usb mouse, flash drive and hard drive my touchpad stop. Then, before he upgraded it to windows 10, the touchpad was not working and when he upgraded it it does't change anything. I don't know what is the possible cause...