Windows 10: ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M

Discus and support ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an acer travelmate laptop. TMP-645-M. I have Windows 10 loaded. All works fine. I hadn't noticed an issue with the display. However, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelKeay, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M

I have an acer travelmate laptop. TMP-645-M.

I have Windows 10 loaded. All works fine. I hadn't noticed an issue with the display.

However, I have come today to connect an external monitor to the laptop. The monitor does not receive a signal from the laptop. On review I found the Intel HD Graphics Family is blocked.

I have read numerous threads which appear to suggest there is an issue. I have installed the Intel Support Assistant Tool which provides the following information for the driver

• Driver ProviderIntel Corporation
    • Driver Version10.18.15.4248
    • Driver Date8/4/2015

I have manually tried to install the Beta_15.40.26.4474 to no avail. Windows tells me the best driver for this device is already installed.

Can someone please advise on proper guidance for fixing this issue. Nothing should be this difficult to fix.

:)

MichaelKeay, Jan 14, 2019
  2. stanroy Win User

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jan 14, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Acer Introduces New TravelMate Notebook PCs

Acer America, part of the world’s third largest PC company, today introduced two new notebook PC platforms – TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 – designed for the mobile professional. The new TravelMate notebook series, available now in the U.S. commercial channel, offers robust, secure and powerful PC solutions for corporate and small-to-medium (SMB) business customers. The TravelMate notebook PC platforms are ideal productivity tools for efficient connectivity and smart portability. The 15.4-inch TravelMate 6593 and the 14.1-inch TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs offer the superior performance, fast and reliable internet connectivity, videoconferencing and robust security features that mobile professionals require.

ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M acer1_thm.jpg

ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M acer2_thm.jpg

Professional performance, communication and security
    The TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 are equipped with Intel Centrino 2 with vPro technology and utilize the Intel integrated 3D Graphics Media Accelerator X4500MHD for superb graphic performance and video processing. Both the 14.1-inch TravelMate 6493 and the 15.4-inch TravelMate 6593 offer WXGA high-brightness TFT LCD panels with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing via Acer GridVista, a handy business tool to accommodate up to eight display windows on one screen at once, allowing users increased productivity while delivering a natural cinematic view.

To improve versatility and mobility, the TravelMate 6593 and 6493 notebook series integrates the Acer MediaBay hot-swappable solution that offers a choice of an extra hard disk, a second battery or an optical drive with either a DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive or DVD/CD-RW combo. For speedier response times and multitasking and productivity demands, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 can rely on up to 4 GB of DDR3 800/1033 MHz memory, which can significantly increase data bandwidths.

For videoconference needs, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs come with Acer Video Conference solution – including the Acer Crystal Eye webcam and Acer Video Conference Manager software – enabling a user to set up videoconferences in any environment. Added security features include Acer Bio-Protection digital imprint reading solution, one of the most secure control programs for mobile platforms on the market and Acer FingerLaunch, which offers a secure way to launch programs or authenticated documents with a simple touch.

Acer ezDock II/II+ commercial docking stations
    For added expansion, the TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs can be incorporated with Acer ezDock II and ezDock II+ docking stations. The smart one-size-fits-all commercial docking stations are designed to support all TravelMate form factors and models, providing increased return-on-investment for businesses. The highly efficient commercial docking stations feature an innovative plug-n-play solution allowing instant connection of multiple devices in one simple operation and the ability to dock TravelMate notebooks without having to reboot. The Acer ezDock II and ezDock II+ also increases desk real estate and enhances safety by correctly routing and securing cables in place at the user’s workstation.

TravelMate 6593 specifications:
    • Intel Centrino 2 Processor with vPro Technology
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500
      (6MB L2 Cache | 2.53 GHz | 1066MHz FSB)
    • 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD (1280 x 800)
    • 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz Dual Channel Memory
    • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
    • 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
    • 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
    • Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
    • Windows Vista Business
    • MSRP $1499
    TravelMate 6493 specifications:
    • Intel Centrino 2 Processor with vPro Technology
    • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8400
      (3MB L2 Cache | 2.53 GHz | 1066MHz FSB)
    • 14.1" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD (1280 x 800)
    • 3GB DDR3 1066 MHz Dual Channel Memory
    • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
    • 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
    • 5-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
    • 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
    • Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
    • Windows Vista Business
    • MSRP $1099 - $1299
    Availability
    The Acer TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 notebook PCs, along with ezDock II and ezDock II+ commercial docking stations are available now via Acer’s authorized resellers. The TravelMate 6593 and TravelMate 6493 come with a three-year limited warranty.

Source: Acer

malware, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Good CO Win User

ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M

ACER Travelmate Processor Upgrade but cannot access clock

Hi,

I've got a new Pentium M 740 1.7 processor for my Travelmate 800, the slowest of the 800 series with a 1.3 Pentium M as standard. The chipset is good, the screen is good, the graphics card is good, so I've decided to try an upgrade.

Travelmate 800s came in 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6 Pentium M Banias as standard so I have stepped slightly out of Acer's standard processors for the range, although Intels family and type is still the same. The chipset is an Intel 82855PM (still current and does support the processor, although at 400 rather than 533) and the BIOS is a Phoenix Note BIOS.

My problem is that I haven't been able to work out how to raise the processor clock speed despite a lot of searching on the web. I've pulled the motherboard out and can't find any jumpers on either side, and I can't adjust it through the standard BIOS pages. I've reflashed the BIOS, in case it was some form of autodetect, and I pulled the BIOS battery out and left it overnight for the same reason.

There is only one motherboard / part number listed for the 800 range and there is no need to specify processor speed when ordering, so as far as I can see there MUST be a way to change the clock multiplier for the different processors in the range.

My next steps were to use a full version of Winphlash, rather than the limited version available from Acer. I backed up my Bios and got access to he advanced features of Winphlash, but still nothing referring to processor speed.

The rated processor speed is being correctly identified by BIOS, Windows and any applications such as Sandra. Sandra is interesting as it lists processor rated speed (correct), processor clock actual speed (12xx Hz) - correct and, most significantly the annoying original 1.3 Mhz quoted for the system, and the software must be getting this figure from somewhere but I can't work out where.

Any ideas much appreciated as this is driving me nuts!

Rob.

Good CO, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M

1. ACER Travelmate TMP-645-M - Similar Threads - ACER Travelmate TMP

2. Acer TravelMate TM7750G laptop has started bleeping intermittently for no obvious reason -...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer TravelMate TM7750G laptop has started bleeping intermittently for no obvious reason -...: This problem was unresolved so asking again. Here is the previous thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-travelmate-tm7750g-laptop-has-started/11fc0b4d-b062-4a5d-ada2-e5eac3e4903bPrevious threadLaptop: Acer TravelMate TM7750G also known as...
  3. Cursor on Windows 10 freezes and sometimes disappears.It's on Acer Travelmate laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor on Windows 10 freezes and sometimes disappears.It's on Acer Travelmate laptop with a...: Hey guys, heeelpp I am DESPERATE.:( I bought a used Acer Travelmate laptop with a touchscreen which runs on Windows 10.However, the Windows 10 was not the orginal Windows that laptop ran on, the guy I bought it from installed it after he got it.The laptop is fast and...
  4. Webcam driver for Windows 10 for ACER TravelMate P245-M

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam driver for Windows 10 for ACER TravelMate P245-M: Please help me in finding the driver for webcam for Windows 10 for ACER TravelMate P245-M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver-for-windows-10-for-acer-travelmate/1829e66c-6653-4677-989f-1aae82ca0597
  5. Memory Management Error Windows 10 on Acer TravelMate 4200

Memory Management Error Windows 10 on Acer TravelMate 4200: I'm posting this to help someone else with the same problem... On my Acer TravelMate 4200 I receive a Memory Management Error message on shutdown. This article solved the issue by suggesting disabling the "HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP" under Device Manager...
  6. BSOD when I connect type C earphones in windows 10 on Acer TravelMate TMP2410-G2-M

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I connect type C earphones in windows 10 on Acer TravelMate TMP2410-G2-M: Hi, Windows on my laptop got reinstalled a few days back, after that I'm getting BSOD whenever I plug-in type-C earphones with errorUcmcx.sys failed and stop code page fault in non paged area. Any help on this is appreciated....
  7. Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot?

Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot?: System will not boot after cloning HDD to SSD Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-acer-travelmate-accept-an-ssd-in-the-hdd-slot/ce1a03b0-cd7d-432b-97b8-50cd1d671869
  8. No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate: Hey Guys, I just purchased a new "Acer TravelMate P2510" and I have a problem with my Power settings. I want to make my computer goes sleep when I close the lid or click the power button. But in the "Change What The Power Button Does," or "close the lid" settings, there is...
  9. Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings: Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be...
  10. At Last! Acer Travelmate 2420 running with 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    At Last! Acer Travelmate 2420 running with 1607: This old laptop's been a pain with Windows 10. It runs fine with 7 Pro, 8.1 (as Enterprise trial), but upgrades are almost impossible, and until today, I could not clean install either. The reason is the built-in wireless adapter and the Windows 10 driver for it or at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TMP-645M

2. acer tmp 645-m zuklappschanier