Windows 10: AcGenral.dll causing Word to crash

Discus and support AcGenral.dll causing Word to crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just did the GWX thing and most things work as expected. They say old dogs like me can't learn new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boa999, Mar 17, 2016.

1. boa999 Win User

AcGenral.dll causing Word to crash

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just did the GWX thing and most things work as expected. They say old dogs like me can't learn new tricks. That's not true, we just don't want to. I tell you that because I am still using MS Office 2003. In general it works ok but if I open a word doc and then open a webpage and copy unformated text I can paste it in word. BUT if I copy text from a page that is using columns or frames and try to paste it word immediately crashes. Here is the event log for the failure.

Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 11.0.8411.0, time stamp: 0x532a603f
    Faulting module name: AcGenral.DLL, version: 10.0.10586.17, time stamp: 0x56518c44
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000307a2
    Faulting process id: 0x880
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d180949bb82c7f
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AcGenral.DLL
    Report Id: fed6baa7-ec87-11e5-bdc7-001fd0a247a8
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I tracked down AcGenral.dll
    (x86_microsoft-windows-a..ence-mitigations-c3_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.17_none_33f35d9feabbba0e)
    and I notice that it is a newer version. I did not want to do anything until I picked your collective experience.

First question is "is AcGenral.dll the problem?
    Should I replace AcGenral.dll with the older version?
    How would I do this? Take Ownership, unlock and replace?
    Perhaps try to install the old .dll (copy & register) in System32. Would Word find it first?

Can anyone duplicate this problem with Office 2007 or later? Again, try to copy an article using columns and or frames and paste it into Word,

Thanks from the newbee
    Steve

:)

boa999, Mar 17, 2016

2. GPUpdate causes Word 2016 to crash.

I found a work around for my problem. I haven't solved the underlying problem, but at this point I just need it to go away.

I did some isolation through the process of elimination. The issue either involves printer drivers or the Group Policy Object (GPO) that handles connecting network printers and runs in the back ground about every two hours. I upgraded
    all the printer drivers for 96 printers. Luckily there are only about six different printer models and nearly all of them can use the HP universal printer driver.

Since upgrading all the drivers made zero impact I suspect the issue surrounds the GPO removing all network printers and reinstalling based on the computer name or username / group membership. I don't feel it is a printer driver issue.
    Instead I feel it is related to the drivers getting removed and reinstalled, but I can't prove it. I need to refresh the installed printers because we have a large number of roaming users, but it only needs to occur once at logon. It doesn't need to reoccur
    every time the GPOs are refreshed. That leads to my work around.

I abandoned the idea of using a GPO to connect printers in favor of a logon script. I prefer the GPO preference to connect printers, but again, I need to be done with this issue. So, the login script functionally does exactly what the
    GPO does, such as removing all the existing network printers then reconnecting based on computer and user. However, the logon script only runs once at logon then it is done.

In summary, I ditched connecting network printers through a group policy object in favor of a logon script.

AxeDropper, Mar 17, 2016
  3. GPUpdate causes Word 2016 to crash.

Hi,

For better assistance, please post your question to
    TechNet

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Mar 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

2003 is no longer supported, so it does not surprise me. 2007 is also no longer supported. You need to run 2010 or 2013.

bro67, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. AcGenral.dll causing Word to crash - Similar Threads - AcGenral dll causing

2. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  3. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  4. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  6. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  7. Word file inundated with DLL entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word file inundated with DLL entries: My word file is now inundated with entries marked Dll. When opened they are just computer speak. Are they my files now corrupted or other entries imported from somewhere. How can I check and delete as necessary. there are a fair number that I had not ever noticed before....
  8. Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.: Steps to reproduce:Open the latest Microsoft Edge.Open Task Manager with "performance" or any other than "processes" as default tab.Wait a few seconds.Switch to "processes" tab.After switched to "processes" tab, there's a small change Task Manager will crash 0xC0000005,...
  9. Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.

Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.: Steps to reproduce:Open the latest Microsoft Edge.Open Task Manager with "performance" or any other than "processes" as default tab.Wait a few seconds.Switch to "processes" tab.After switched to "processes" tab, there's a small change Task Manager will crash 0xC0000005,...
  10. Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?: When attempting to launch Warframe from Steam the game will crash before the launcher even displays. Event viewer log is this: Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_unknown, version: 2020.12.11.12, time stamp: 0x5fd3ae5e Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. COM acgenral.dll