Windows 10: Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

Discus and support Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm gaming, pop an achievement, screen goes blank, adjusts the resolution to show the achievement, then screen goes blank and adjusts resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wejusthavetowait, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

So I'm gaming, pop an achievement, screen goes blank, adjusts the resolution to show the achievement, then screen goes blank and adjusts resolution back to the games resolution.

FYI, I'd like to keep my acheivements active so don't want to simply disabled then. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Wejusthavetowait
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wejusthavetowait, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size

Hello,

This should be resolved by updating the screen resolution for your display. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Open Start , select Settings > System > Display.
    2. Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."
    3. If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Sea of Thieves on Windows 10: can't unlock achievements

Hi PieBaracus14,

Normally, achievements will be unlocked once you complete a certain task, mission or challenge on the game. If you recently installed the game on your computer, I suggest that you uninstall the game first, and then reset the Windows Store cache by performing
    the following steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Reinstall the game in question.
    • Once done, attempt to unlock the achievement again.

If the achievements still don't unlock, I suggest that you raise this to our
    Achievements Support
    team by taking the survey on this
    link
    . They will help us to double check your account and validate if you completed the requirements to unlock an achievement on the game.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal

1. Achievements change my resolution and then it goes back to normal - Similar Threads - Achievements change resolution

2. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  3. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.: I turned on my computer Windows 10 and for some reason the resolution is squished with two black lines and the edge. When I tried changing the resolution in the display settings, the only two options were my current display and a blurry longer one, but none are my original...
  4. How do I change my screen resolution back to normal.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  6. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  7. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Weird Screen Sequence, Then Goes Back to Normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Screen Sequence, Then Goes Back to Normal: Hi, there! I am having a recurring issue where my laptop whether connected to a monitor or not freezes, goes to a black screen with the cursor still showing, then flashes both a tan screen and some weird screen kind of looks like binary numbers. After 15-30 seconds of this...
  9. I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I try to change the resolution, but it goes back to recommended.: Hello everyone from reddit, I wanted to leave the low resolution to play csgo in windowless borderless mode, but every time I try to change the resolution it goes back to the recommended one, I have already tried to uninstall the nvidia drivers with DDU and reinstall from...
  10. My resolution changed and I can’t change it back

in Windows 10 Customization
    My resolution changed and I can’t change it back: Hello, I have been having this problem with my windows 10 resolution. Yesterday, I was messing with the settings on the nvidia control panel and I clicked to restore all global settings in the “Manage 3d Settings” tab. When I did that, the screen turned black for a second and...