Windows 10: Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10

Discus and support Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Settings > Privacy > Activity History > Show Activities from these accounts > an enabled account In my case, this will cause the Task View to become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abdiugh, Jun 2, 2020.

1. abdiugh Win User

Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10

Settings > Privacy > Activity History > Show Activities from these accounts > an enabled account

In my case, this will cause the Task View to become unresponsive when opened and soft lock Windows. I can click on buttons but they don't do anything. Attempts to close the Task View play the expected screen change animation but it jumps right back into a "screenshot" of the frozen Task View. I can still use applications and File Explorer because they don't actually get frozen but they are stuck behind the Task View so I can't see what I'm doing - just using tab and hotkey to navigate. Attempts to close applications does not work. The task bar is also unresponsive even though button animations still play when you click on them. After enough time and click around in the frozen Task View it and File Explorer will crash/restart itself and I will be thrown back on to the desktop. Reopening the Task View soft locks Windows again.

Disabling the switch in...

Settings > Privacy > Activity History > Show Activities from these accounts > an enabled account

... allows Task View to be used normally again with no problems.

This is a new computer I have built and I had moved some data over from my old drive so I'm not sure if that would have caused this issue.

:)

abdiugh, Jun 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10

Windows 10 View Update History

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a shortcut on the Desktop, to view the Windows 10 Update History.

To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history in the
      Advanced option
      Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10

1. Acitivites History causes Task View to lock up Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Acitivites History causes

2. Windows 10 task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 task view: Whenever use task view on windows 10, I usually have at most three tasks and switch between them with CTRL+WIN and arrow keys. But yesterday I was really tired and opened like 53 tasks because I was bored, and now every time I close one it does a mini screen refresh which...
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager Locks Up

Windows 10 Task Manager Locks Up: And yet another issue with Windows 10 I never had on any previous version of windows. I start the task manager and attempted to sort the services by name and it locked up. Is there anyway to fix this besides re-booting my computer and waiting another 15 minutes for me to be...
  4. Windows 10 Task view

Windows 10 Task view: Labels are missing from all open windows in Task View. They have always displayed until today - now I do not know what each window is. Just happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-view/9d5ed804-d7ed-4aee-820e-3b1d619838a5
  5. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  6. unable to clear all history on task view

unable to clear all history on task view: I remove all my history on task view yet there is this Microsoft store cant remove it : Need help. It stayed for almost a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-clear-all-history-on-task-view/881e0289-2166-4cad-b5a1-bea6a140451d
  7. Windows 10 - Task View

Windows 10 - Task View: Windows 10 - Unable to clear files on Task View. Two calls to Geek Squad unsuccessful. Actually, after the last call, the names of the files accessed do not appear on the screen - just a blank box....
  8. Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating: I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity. The client runs a volume licensed copy of Office 2019. Activity history has been working fine until recently. Some apps such as Paint will still correctly populate the...
  9. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....
  10. View Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: View Reliability History in Windows 10 How to View Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...