Windows 10: ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious?

Discus and support ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, So I have been getting this weird ACPI error spamming me every now and then, sometimes as quick as 3 mins or as long as an hour. I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChunGoh0306, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious?

Hi all,

So I have been getting this weird ACPI error spamming me every now and then, sometimes as quick as 3 mins or as long as an hour. I didn't notice I have this error until I tried out various Windows diagnostic tools. Event Viewer gave me all these errors, but after searching online, I still couldn't fix it. Often this error occurs during blue screens, and its error message also signals something seriously wrong with embedded controllers and the BIOS or UEFI.

Although I have been spammed by these errors, I have no problems with using the laptop for daily usage, coding, gaming, video streaming, etc. My unit seems healthy and butter smooth in operations, but why I keep getting this serious error? Can you just ignore it? If not, can someone tell me how to fix it? I have updated my MS-ACPI-compliant drivers, BIOS and my Intel graphics drivers to latest versions. I read a post where you can fix the problem by disabling Intel's Panel Self-Refresh feature. I don't have that feature, so I don't know what to do.

My GPU is UHD 620 and CPU is i7-8550U, if this can help. If graphic cards are not to be blamed, is there something else within power management that has conflicting settings?

Thanks!

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? 4469f2c6-570d-4ea8-ac38-65da92b03399?upload=true.png

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? e12000a2-50d0-4f84-a59b-eaaeb7acb407?upload=true.png

:)

ChunGoh0306, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Mike0409 Win User

System Error.

Event ID for each error? List those, will tell you what caused it on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Mike0409, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Rose W Win User
    DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error

This is Dec 13 a.m. repeat series. The events from previous days in Dec. are now not listed in the Event viewer. This event is recorded at start up , repeats itself and then is not active for the rest of the day.

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? [​IMG]

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? [​IMG]

Rose W, Feb 14, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious?

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious?

1. ACPI error event 13: a benign error or something serious? - Similar Threads - ACPI error event

2. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: I keep getting this error over and over again I don’t know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acpi-bios-error/ebb49f19-1477-4bad-b1c4-e12f03b33c96
  3. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: I keep getting this error over and over again I don’t know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acpi-bios-error/ebb49f19-1477-4bad-b1c4-e12f03b33c96
  4. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI BIOS ERROR: Hello MS Community,My PC wasn't booting/no monitor display for around a week so I tried swapping out parts, GPU, RAM, PSU nothing would work. Got a new motherboard and the pc booted fine with everything for about an hour, afterwards kept crashing and now cannot boot. I can...
  6. Error on startup event id 56 acpi 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error on startup event id 56 acpi 2: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application Popup" Guid="{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f}" EventSourceName="Application Popup" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">56</EventID> <Version>0</Version>...
  7. Acpi bios error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acpi bios error: I am unable to install windows 10, keep getting an ACPI BIOS ERROR. Lenovo Desktop M710S....Any Ideas. 137236
  8. ACPI Bios Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI Bios Error: A friend of mine built his first computer and iv been called in to figure out what in the world this problem hes having is. Iv tried quite a lot already, ill list those out in a second. He never got past trying to install windows 10 due to the ACPI BIOS ERROR. System spec:...
  9. Acpi bios error

Acpi bios error: Hello everyone, My pc worked fine for a solid year. Yesterday when I put my pc into sleepmode it gave a BSOD when it woke. It only said ‘ACPI bios error’. Since then every time I start the computer my mouse and keyboard wont work even though the hubs are getting electricity...
  10. Acpi bios error

Acpi bios error: Hello everyone, My pc worked fine for a solid year. Yesterday when I put my pc into sleepmode it gave a BSOD when it woke. It only said ‘ACPI bios error’. Since then every time I start the computer my mouse and keyboard wont work even though the hubs are getting...