Windows 10: ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home

Discus and support ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI - I'm running 64 bit Windows Home, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on an ASUS i7 laptop. Before the June Windows update everything was fine. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brentf_14chgts, Jun 17, 2020.

1. ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home

HI - I'm running 64 bit Windows Home, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on an ASUS i7 laptop.

Before the June Windows update everything was fine. After the update i see CPU usage for System process stays around 19%, regardless whether WIFI is connected or not. I've scanned with Malware and others and found nothing.

Below is my process explorer showing about 12% on System, thread ACPI.sys

ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home e11535b4-be9b-4025-81dc-e82dada99189?upload=true.png

And this is my latest windows update.

ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home 58a411ed-1622-48e4-b93b-3c7359314ae6?upload=true.png

:)

brentf_14chgts, Jun 17, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 17, 2020
  3. iangie Win User
    WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Jun 17, 2020
  4. ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home

windows 10 high constant cpu usage

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?
    I would like to inform you that High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Additional info:

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/performance-maintenance-help#performance-maintenance-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home

1. ACPI.sys high CPU constant at about 19% after June Win10 update 64bit Windows Home - Similar Threads - ACPI sys high

2. CPU 100% After Latest June Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU 100% After Latest June Windows Update: Hello!After updating Windows I've been having issues with task manager saying my CPU is 100% when there's no apps open to cause such high usage. I can't even play my PC Games due to the game stuttering leading to the game to eventually freeze and become unplayable. My CPU...
  3. CPU 100% After Latest June Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU 100% After Latest June Windows Update: Hello!After updating Windows I've been having issues with task manager saying my CPU is 100% when there's no apps open to cause such high usage. I can't even play my PC Games due to the game stuttering leading to the game to eventually freeze and become unplayable. My CPU...
  4. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  5. System Restore CPU is constantly high

System Restore CPU is constantly high: Hello, I have a i7 core 4 processor with 256 gb and 12gb of RAM. I have recently did a System Restore on my PC because of an error going on. However after the PC has been restored it was sitting around 100% CPU and I noticed it getting slow on some tasks now. I now have...
  6. Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys: I am afraid I have run some unauthorized scripts in my WIndows and after that, this process is constantly taking up atleast 5 to 10% cpu usage. I know this is not considered as High CPU Usage, but the fact is bothering me that it is not decreasing and constant. I remember,...
  7. No sound form speakers after June'19 MS Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound form speakers after June'19 MS Update: My speakers are inoperative after recent MS update; I have taken recommended troubleshooting steps to no avail; MS help number in essence says "go away" and hangs up; Windows 10...
  8. Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903: Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903. It uses 10-25% CPU in the background frequently, causing sudden fps drops or freezes in games. I play PUBG, and I noticed the game lags every time I get shot by the enemy or hear the first 3 footsteps of...
  9. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??: Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher than idle should be (mid 50s vs high 30s). Checked power options, all is as it should be. CPU utilization is around 2% at idle....
  10. Extremely high constant CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...