Windows 10: Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

Discus and support Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We used Windows 7 x64 with Thunderbird x86 on our company, and we have pdf form with send by email button. That means the user fill the form,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidMartín Tapia, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

Hi,

We used Windows 7 x64 with Thunderbird x86 on our company, and we have pdf form with send by email button. That means the user fill the form, press the button, and the form is autoatached to an email with subject and destination filled.

But now we are migrating to windows 10, and we installed thunderbird x64 (68.1.1 ESR) and when we use the pdf form and press send button, Acrobat reader DC (last version) says there is no default email program ....

We have check on Start menu -> default programs that thunderbird is set as default mailto and all email protocols and options.

We have tested that if we use thunderbird x86 (ver 68.1.1 ESR) it works on the same windows 10, so does anyone know a solution to make x64 default email program be reconognice by acrobat ?

Lots of thanks

:)

DavidMartín Tapia, Sep 26, 2019
  2. cormanaz Win User

Can't change default app from Acrobat Reader DC to Acrobat

I am trying to use the default programs app on the control pabel to set Acrobat 9.5 as the default viewer for pdf files. I also have Acrobat Reader DC installed. Neither program appears on the "set your default programs" screen so I changed it on the file associations screen. But Reader DC is still opening the .pdf files by default. I checked back on the default programs app, and the associations screen still lists Reader DC as the default app. But when I click the change program button it asks me if I want to keep the association with Acrobat 9.5! (see screenshot). This is very odd. How to fix?

Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client [​IMG]

cormanaz, Sep 26, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User

VICTORY AT LAST!!!!
    The solution turns out to be installing Reader XI in lieu of Reader DC. Reader XI at can be found at:
    Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution. Although the page title is Adobe Reader DC Distribution you can select "Reader 11.1.10 English for Windows" in the Step 3 dropdown. The downloaded install file is "AdobeRe11010_en_US.exe".

During the installation a dialogue box allows you to decide if it becomes the default pdf handler.

Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client [​IMG]

This option is not available with Reader DC.
    During the installation of Reader XI the pdf file association is changed to Edge so you'll need to change it back to Acrobat 9.5. That's it all done. Just remember not to accept and upgrade to Reader DC in the future.

SoFine409, Sep 26, 2019
  4. cormanaz Win User

Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

It's Acrobat Pro, not reader. To be honest, I'm not sure how reader DC got on there. But as I said in the original post, neither program shows up on the default programs list, which is puzzling. I suppose I could just uninstall Reader DC, but it's odd that it thinks I have changed the association (see screenshot) but the association hasn't in fact been changed.

cormanaz, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

1. Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client - Similar Threads - Acrobat Reader doesn't

2. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  3. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  4. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  6. Adobe Acrobat reader DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat reader DC: Hi, Can anyone please advise how to get Acrobat reader DC to open on my PC. When I try to open the app a message comes up that the exe. file can't be found. I have uninstalled and re installed the app numerous times. Any advise please. Thanks...
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  9. Problem Acrobat Reader DC

Problem Acrobat Reader DC: My build is less than a year old and I am having issues with reading pdf files on Reader DC. This happens when I begin zooming in. Eventually the computer locks up. It happened first with a floor plan, but then I tried it even with just a manual. Again only happens when I...
  10. Can't change default app from Acrobat Reader DC to Acrobat

Can't change default app from Acrobat Reader DC to Acrobat: I am trying to use the default programs app on the control pabel to set Acrobat 9.5 as the default viewer for pdf files. I also have Acrobat Reader DC installed. Neither program appears on the "set your default programs" screen so I changed it on the file associations screen....