Windows 10: Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition.

Discus and support Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dual boot computer with Acronis 2018 on windows 10 and Acronis 2010 on windows 7. I mainly use windows 10 these days that has Acronis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by donegaljoe, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition.

Hi,

I have a dual boot computer with Acronis 2018 on windows 10 and Acronis 2010 on windows 7.

I mainly use windows 10 these days that has Acronis 2018 installed.
    If I backup my windows 10 with Acronis 18 (within windows 10 itself) I find that there is about 14gb of my partition missing and a lot of desktop icons missing if I restore that partition. This is a full backup with no exclussions.

I can only use Acronis 2010 on windows 7 and it seems to backup the partition with windows 10 ok, so just wondering why is it that I can't backup properly with Acronis 2018 from within windows 10 itself.

Acronis 2010 has a more simple GUI that I find easier to understand than Acronis 2018 but it means restarting my computer and booting into windows 7 to use it.

I do have Macrium Reflect as well backups are find, but some trouble attempting TRIM on recovery on my SSD drive.

Opinions appreciated as to why Acronsi 2018 is not backing up my windows 10 partition totally?
    Many Thanks
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Nov 19, 2018
  2. amj2011 Win User

automatic Windows 10 and Acronis Backup version

Hi,

We got an offer from Acronis tru AVG which expires the 9th of july 2015, so I contacted them to ask them if this upgrade supports Windows 10, due to the fact that Windows 10 like their previous Windows 8.1 and 8.0 DOES NOT have a proper backup programme,
    you can only back up your data with FILEHISTORY, period.

If you want a complete backup and restore your windows you'll need a programme like Acronis.

I contacted them tru CHAT and the conclusion was:

• the upgrade they offering was a beta version
    • and they wait for Windows 10 becomes officially
    • they advise me to wait till Acronis had a complete version
    • and then upgrade to Windows 10
    So you probably understand in which dilemma I am in,

If the Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10 is before Acronis Backup is ready, I can not Backup Windows 10 at all

I like to know what advise Microsoft will give in this situation

Thank you

amj2011, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Duxx Win User
    HDD partition/swapping/backup

So I'm upgrading my system to i7, and acquiring another hdd so I can setup a RAID. Right now I have 2 partitions on my HDD, dual boot is all. I want to keep all my programs,pictures, music and documents but basically get rid of the OS and partitions in general so I can re-partition my RAID for OS, games, files. I got Acronis and did a backup to my external but when i load this backup, everything is going to go back the way it was before, OS, etc. Whats the easiest way to do this, just backup my program files, pictures, music Not create an exact image?

TIA

Duxx

4. Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition.

System BACKUP Faled with REBOOT with ACRONIS

Hello Andersen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to make a backup using the Acronis software. This software is not designed by Microsoft so it is suggested to contact them if you are facing any issues with the third party software.

Refer: ACRONIS Forum

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better if you are facing further issues in Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition.

1. Acronis 2018 doens't backup all my partition. - Similar Threads - Acronis 2018 doens't

2. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  3. Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition: Hi , Acronis True Image gave me a lot of headache. I uninstalled it using revo uninstaller. However, when i use a partition master and explore the EFI folder. I can see a folder called Acronis. In this Acronis folder there are two files. Bootwiz.efi and Bootwiz.XML. Can I...
  4. Acronis starts up at startup, even though Acronis backups up at 9:00 pm.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acronis starts up at startup, even though Acronis backups up at 9:00 pm.: Hi, Acronis starts up at startup, even though Acronis backups up at 9:00 pm. Every time in the am when I start my pc, it takes minutes to boot because Acronis starts up even though Acronis backups up at 9:00 pm. Please advise. Thanks, Joe...
  5. Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?

Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?: Hello. I don't know if I should buy Acronis or Macrium for my backup. I want to backup in the following way: 1 backup a week, incremental backup, keeping the last 4 chain of backup (so I want some sort of autocleaning for older chains). One backup job is in 2 parts, one...
  6. Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup vs. Acronis backup: Should I switch Windows 10 backup off and is Acronis Backup a good program. If so I will order Acronis online. Thanks. I had a problem recently where Windows 10(7) backup would stop at 97% and run all night. I never had this happen before until the recent update to version...
  7. Camera doens't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera doens't work: After driver updating, the camera of my laptop Lenovo Yoga stopped working. The camera is not recognized... What should be done? Thanks in advance Tatiana...
  8. Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12

Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acronis Backup 12 I am curious if there is any advantage of using a commercial backup software when we already have Windows 10 Backup. I am not using sophisticated features or elaborate configurations. Instead, I want to have peace of mind knowing...
  9. Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium

Backup/Recovery tools - Acronis vs Macrium: Please forgive me for not reading the whole "Window 10 Recovery Tools" thread before posting this, but that's a very long thread. I am a long time user of Acronis True Image. Lately I've run into a few peculiarities that have me looking at alternatives. A number of people...
  10. Restoring window backup made with acronis on SSD to a standard HDD.

Restoring window backup made with acronis on SSD to a standard HDD.: Hi folks, hope everyone is well. I have made some backup of windows 10 that was installed on a SSD and just to make sure it would work ok, I installed the backup on a standard HDD, but getting lots of problems when I actually reach the desktop, monitor keeps flickering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis backup and restore gpt partition

2. acronis wont back up all my paretition