Windows 10: Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

Discus and support Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pollensa1946, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD). The saved images work perfectly with respect to recovering the C drive. However, I decided to test booting from the cloned D and was surprised to find Win 10 would not boot from the clone. I sit watching a spinning wheel forever before hitting power-off. Is there a simple, logical reason for this?

:)

Pollensa1946, Jul 17, 2020
  2. echo75 Win User

Acronis true image cloning problem

just discovered that i actually has Acronis true image 8 OEM version that came along with an external hard disk i bought 2 years ago.

i install the software, make a boot disk , connect SATA disk to my PC and attempt to clone my current IDE to SATA as it claims to be able to do so.

Problem is that when i boot from the Acronis boot CD, and the software wizzard starts, it says " Acronis true image can not find any Disks" . This is funny cos the software itself running when run in windows interface can recorgnise the 2 disks but when i boot outside windows it doesnt see anyting.

Now i have just ordered the full version of Acronis 11 for $34 and am downloading it now it better work or i will really be pissed.*Wtf :wtf:

echo75, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Clone disk won't boot

I cloned my Win 10 system and cannot boot on the new Hard drive. I used Acronis to perform the clone.

EdwardWixson, Jul 17, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

Disk/Partition Cloning Questions ?

Till now I was using Acronis True Image 8 that comes with Hirens boot disk. I was cloning installations from USB HDD. Now I want to clone image file that is on network computer. Above mentioned Acronis software can restore only local images not network ones. The machine that is holding img files is Ubuntu Linux and files are shared both on FTP and SAMBA. I tried Linux Ghost software that has option for both NTFS and RAW method of cloning and can store and pull img files from FTP server. The thing is that after cloning even though the first partition is Active/Primary the PC wont boot from it.
    So the long awaited question is *Big Grin Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot. :D. Please recommend me software that can be booted from CD/DVD and can restore partition images from network location. -This is not even a qustion *Big Grin Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot. :D.

Thema:

Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

1. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot. - Similar Threads - Acronis Cloned Disk

2. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  3. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  4. cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cloned my drive with acronis for crucial what is wrong with this???: so i cloned my drive it showed all partitions in the clone area when done here is what it looks like not sure if i should try putting it in laptop and give it a go but looks like RE tool is not present?? [img] 170995
  5. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  6. disk cloning failed to write bad sector

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk cloning failed to write bad sector: I got a new Samsung 970EVO NVMe M.2 SSD and I have been trying to clone my system over to it. I have used softwares like Macrium Reflect and easeus but they all end up giving me a "failed to write bad sector"message. I have an Asus UX501V Notebook and my installed SSD is a...
  7. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  8. Cloned Disk will not boot !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned Disk will not boot !!: Hi everyone I have been given two brand new SATA 2TB disks. One I have used in a hard disk dock - and have used this for additional data back up etc. Works OK The other I decided to use to replace my noisy C Drive. I cloned the disk to the new one, only to find that the...
  9. Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis: I have been having problems with this System Thread Exception Not Handled ASUSFILTER.SYS I would get as far as the Desktop for a few seconds then I would get the BSOD. At one point I thought that I had got it fixed and decided to clone straight away. I have a drive just...
  10. Clone a dynamic system disk? Acronis cannot. Workaround? other way?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone a dynamic system disk? Acronis cannot. Workaround? other way?: not sure how or why my current system SSD is dynamic, but the fact that it is is keeping me from cloning to a different SSD in preparation to migrate to a different box. Acronis True Image 2016 will not clone dynamic disk and does not seem to be able to make it a simple...