Windows 10: acronis true image 2013 HELP!

Discus and support acronis true image 2013 HELP! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hockeygod13, Jan 25, 2017.

1. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

Hello, I'm in need of some help?

I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able to boot acronis true image through the bios?

Anything answers would help me.

Thank you *Smile

:)

hockeygod13, Jan 25, 2017
  2. elvisL0 Win User

Problem installing on win 7

I have Acronis True Image 2013 Build 6514.Even after deleting Acronis i still wasn't able to install win 10.

elvisL0, Jan 25, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    W10 Creator's update and Acronis TrueImage 2013

Acronis doesn't support TI 2013 on Windows 10, so it was just a matter of time before it stopped working properly. Don't expect any love from Acronis technical support. Maybe someone in the Acronis forums has a workaround, but I think it's time to upgrade
    to a version of True Image that Acronis supports. There's nothing Microsoft can do about it.

The newer version will be able to work with backups made by TI 2013.

BulldogXX, Jan 25, 2017
  4. robgr Win User

acronis true image 2013 HELP!

I may be missing something here but can't you boot form a rescue disk?

robgr, Jan 25, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Not the answer to OP's question - but perhaps a look at Macrium is worth it these days -- the FREE edition probably has enough features - even the PAY version is cheap enough.

Many people on these boards use Macrium Reflect and the overwhelming feeling seems to be highly reliable and well worth it -- and you can boot from DVD / USB or even an alternative boot partition.

I gave up on Acronis a long time ago - about 2011 I think.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 25, 2017
  6. 91fw Win User
    what is F11 feature?
    Just run ATI in windows, make a recovery on dvd or USB flash and boot from that.
    Read the manual or go to the Acronis forum if that's still not clear.

7. Samuria Win User
    With acronis you can create a hidden partition like OEM recovery it's accessed by f11 on boot which loads acronis and lets you restore. The only other way is to create a bootable acronis DVD from within the program you can't access it from BIOS as such

Samuria, Jan 25, 2017
  8. 91fw Win User

Thanks for explaining about F11. It is a dreadful idea to have an image in a local partition. Unless perhaps it's on a 2nd drive. In all my years of using Acronis I wouldn't use it. Your harddrive fails and all that local imaging is gone. The only way to boot is , as you said, from a DVD or (what I use) is from a bootable USB flash.

9. Bree New Member
    No, it's a great idea - all my PCs keep a current image on a second partition, convenient for a quick restore with no need for any other device except the PC itself. I have one laptop I use for support purposes with 3 different images 1607, 1511 and W7. It's a matter of 5 minutes work to switch from one OS to another.

What's a very bad idea indeed is to rely on that as your only backup. Those same system images are also stored on my external 1TB HDD.*Smile

10. mrgeek Win User
    I have used Acronis for years. An F11 option appears on the black screen before the mfr splash screen and the boot circle and gives you, maybe 10 sec, to decide to let the OS boot normally or hit the F11 key which will take you to the Acronis Recovery panel in safe mode where you can choose to restore an image, recover files or cancel and allow normal boot. I agree, keeping the image on the same disk is not as good as using an ext drive. But, the short of it is, F11 enabled thru Acronis is simply a hot key you can hit before normal Windows boot.

mrgeek, Jan 26, 2017
  11. 91fw Win User
    Ah! I get it. I won't use that hidden partition, but I think it actually might be quite useful for a flawed driver installation - quick recovery, likely quicker than having to load the full ATI from a bootable media. BTW in ATI v9 boot job was tiny, whereas the recent one (2015-2016) is a full complete big ATI. And a lousy log.
    Thanks guys for opening my brain a little.
    I still prefer my boot from USB and image and restore on externals.

12. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi hockeygod13, according to the Acronis support forum the 2013 version is not compatible with Win10 only 2014 and 2015 are.

FYI, I've been a devoted Acronis user since before the 2009 version but I've finally thrown in the towel and moved to Macrium Reflect. Too many instances of Acronis 2015 being slow to connect to or completely unable to connect to my NAS, especially from the USB Rescue Drive. Acronis database can easily become corrupted requiring a reinstall and often something as simply as deleting an old backup will crash the program. On ocassions shutting down will be delayed by Arconis running in the background. Definitely give Macrium a Free a try, I think you'll like it.

SoFine409, Jan 26, 2017
  13. GregoryP Win User

That's right, but he is still can do backup's Windows 10 under rescue CD.

GregoryP, Jan 27, 2017
  14. If Acronis support mentioned only 2014 and 2015 as compatible with Win10, they were reading an old script. 2016 and 2017. 2017 has had problem regarding NAS credentials, but a fix is available.

Acronis TI can do some things that Macrium Reflect cannot do. Backing up to an FTP server is one of them - handy for protecting backups from ransomware while still having them accessible online.

Some NAS drives may not be accessible by the standard Acronis Recovery Medium, but all accessible by Windows are accessible with the Acronis WinPE Rescue Medium. (If a special driver is needed, creation of the WinPE system can be tricky.)

Wireless access to a NAS is not available, but I didn't think that was available with Macrium either.

pokeefe0001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. acronis true image 2013 HELP! - Similar Threads - acronis true image

2. Another reason not to buy Acronis True Image anymore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another reason not to buy Acronis True Image anymore: Acronis have now moved from perpetual licences to a subscription based licence for Acronis 2021. Worse still, you cannot backup over wifi which I use. Long live Macrium Reflect! 181289
  3. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  4. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  5. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  6. acronis true activation

acronis true activation: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  7. acronis true etkinleştirme

acronis true etkinleştirme: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  8. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  9. Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014

Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 and I am loving it! I want to create a system image using a Acronis True Image 2014 bootable CD. I created a backup using the CD just fine and it includes the MBR the C: drive. When i try to restore the image, Windows 10 will boot but when i...
  10. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...