Windows 10: Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang

Discus and support Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I enjoy the Acronis sweet. It's the first backup tool I've used, but I was quite frustrated that this happened. Even over on the Acronis forums there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Apr 5, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang

All companies do that. Even Macrium does not support old versions. The BIG difference is Macrium fix issues very quickly. I once was on Acronis and they took months to sort a basic issue, and then wanted a big upgrade fee even though I was still in my warranty period for old version. Macrium would not really be any different but they would have issued a fix pronto rather than wait months before new version came out.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018

2. I know a lot of you use Acronis, so, I hope someone has an answer for me.

I have Acronis True Image 2017 installed onto my PC for over a year now without any issues. Yesterday, I began having issues where Windows Explorer would completely hang and freeze to a point of no return.

Attempting to reboot the PC leaves the computer stuck in a hanging restart and the only way to restart the machine is to do a hard shutdown by pressing and holding the power button.

I performed a clean boot on my Windows 10 Professional 64bit 1703 build install and verified that Explorer.exe functioned fine and continued to function fine as well as restarts. I began turning services and applications on one-by-one and eventually discovered that when Acronis was set to boot with the PC or is turned on while the PC is running, it completely hangs Windows Explorer causing a force restart.

Only when the Acronis startup tasks and services are disabled does the PC function without a hiccup.

I have used Revo Uninstaller to do a full clean reinstall of Acronis TI 2017, but the problem remains. Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this issue?

:)

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 17, 2018
  3. GaryG45 Win User
    Program cannot send email using smtp, gmail and port 587 and TLS

Henri,

Acronis suggested selecting TLS or SSL before providing the port number, but it didn't work for me. The only thing that worked was switching my SMTP server from gmail to comcast. When I installed True Image 2017, I didn't try the gmail server, so I'm not
    sure if the problem is fixed with True Image 2017.

Gary

GaryG45, Apr 17, 2018
  4. DavidELSE Win User

Computer freezes after upgrading to Windows 10.

With most computer problems the solutions is simple this is mine!

As I said I cloned the hard drive with W7 on it to the SSD. I did this using Acronis True Image 14. My cure was then to delete Acronis True Image 14 from the SSD before upgrading to W10. Having done this the upgrade went like a dream with no hang-ups
    and has kept going through various customising and re-starts since.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

David.

DavidELSE, Apr 17, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is hard to say, but in the end, if a clean install of it does not sort your issues, then you perhaps should consider an alternative solution if Acronis cannot provide satisfactory solutions. It is essential you trust an image backup tool.

Acronis is not the most popular solution for imaging for various reasons. This forum overwhelming recommends Macrium Reflect as its favourite tool, and indeed is the only tool that has tutorials in the tutorial section, reflecting (pardon pun) its popularity as the tool to use. The free version (unlimited use) is quite adequate for the average user.

cereberus, Apr 17, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    I would leave ATI2017 uninstalled for now. Let's wait for a few ATI folks to weigh in before you either reinstall or drop ATI2017.

RolandJS, Apr 17, 2018
  7. Steve C Win User
    Acronis software is poorly engineered. Use Macrium Reflect instead.

Steve C, Apr 17, 2018
  8. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Apr 17, 2018
  9. I changed from ATI2017 to latest ATI2018 , no problems , so far................

pietcorus2, Apr 17, 2018
  10. RolandJS Win User
    Be sure to test the restorability of ATI2018 before you really need a restore.

RolandJS, Apr 17, 2018
  11. Looks ok to me , how to test my restorability .....?
    Always make an integrity-check after the backup is made .

pietcorus2, Apr 17, 2018
  12. RolandJS Win User
    "Looks ok to me , how to test my restorability .....?" You can "call up" any image, and attempt to restore just a folder or two or a few files onto/into an "unimportant area".

RolandJS, Apr 18, 2018
  13. Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang

Thanks , will try..........

pietcorus2, Apr 18, 2018
  14. Clintlgm Win User
    If you are not confident to restore a C:\ Drive image, you need to change software. I made the move away from ATH on my first UEFI notebook. I had to move to MR to be able to restore a booting C:\. I still ran ATH for a couple of years more on my MBR computers In 2015 they changed the interface and basic programs included making the software pretty much useless and with no tech support. In 2016 move everything to MR and I can tell you I can and have restored C:\ SSD Images and C: partition images without concern ever. I create a c: partition image before every WU, if I have issues I restore that image problem solved in about 15 minutes rather than hours here on the forum trying to sort out issues. My Experience and HO

Clintlgm, Apr 18, 2018
  15. Yes, making backup/restore OS goes very fast with ATI , compared with Macrium or Paragon.
    Still wonder which one is most reliable for these jobs...............*Smile !!

pietcorus2, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang - Similar Threads - Acronis True Image

2. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  3. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  4. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  5. acronis true etkinleştirme

acronis true etkinleştirme: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  6. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  7. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  8. Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014

Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 and I am loving it! I want to create a system image using a Acronis True Image 2014 bootable CD. I created a backup using the CD just fine and it includes the MBR the C: drive. When i try to restore the image, Windows 10 will boot but when i...
  9. Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start

Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start: Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017, failed to start, can't remember the error message, something about starting from a floppy, I think. So booted from true image disk and deactvated the F11 option, now I cannot get my PC to boot.... [img] This is the...
  10. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...
Tags: