Windows 10: Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Discus and support Acronis True Image 2017 - processes in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GregH, Oct 5, 2016.

1. GregH Win User

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer.

I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups behind the scenes while I am busy flight-simming for example.

So, I disabled all the Acronis start up entries using CCleaner (licensed version). However I notice that when looking in the Task Manager - Processes, there are still about 6 entries for Acronis in there. So even though I have stopped Acronis from starting with Windows, it still manages to get some processes running. These processes do not seem to be using any CPU cycles but is there another way to keep this program completely dormant until I actually want to use it - which might only be every three months or so on this particular PC.

And yeah, I know there is Macrium Reflect but as I said, got a good deal on Acronis and it is supposed to be a good, easy to use backup option.... *really

:)

GregH, Oct 5, 2016
  2. GaryG45 Win User

Program cannot send email using smtp, gmail and port 587 and TLS

Henri,

Acronis suggested selecting TLS or SSL before providing the port number, but it didn't work for me. The only thing that worked was switching my SMTP server from gmail to comcast. When I installed True Image 2017, I didn't try the gmail server, so I'm not
    sure if the problem is fixed with True Image 2017.

Gary

GaryG45, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Compatibility Checker

The checker indicates that Acronis True Image must be uninstalled during upgrade. I have two other computer that also have Acronis True Image that had no compatibility issues. I uninstalled True Image last week and waited for the checker to rerun. It
    did this morning and I still have the message that Acronis True Image must be uninstalled during upgrade. What do I do?

Diana McFarlane, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

The answer is NO. The #1 reason users have switched to MR. Acronis really integrates itself into your system. Did you shut down the startup tasks or the services. If you shut down all of the services you will not be able to run the Acronis software to perform a backup as needed. I tried that once. I was a long time True Image user, but the last straw was TI 2015. No more.

storageman, Oct 5, 2016
  5. 91fw Win User
    I don't ever want to use any scheduled backups, nor customer experience, sync with other devices, images in the cloud ... and other such bloatware.
    Stuck with ATI because I have old images from ATI 10 and 11 and want to be able to see them and recover files from, which is the only reason why still have the client installed. Arrggghhh.
    Any way, based on my dreadful experience with 2016 client, besides disabling the startup items, in services.msc (as admin) I stopped and disabled:
    1. Acronis Nonstop Backup Service (afcdpsrv)
    2. Acronis Managed Machine Service Mini (mmsminisrv)
    3. Acronis Sync Agent Service (syncagentsrv)
    I keep running Acronis Scheduler2 service (AcrSch2Svc), because, AFAIK, is needed to see files in explorer and during imaging.
    In Windows firewall I disabled all Acronis inbound and outbound rules even though I don't use built in firewall.
    Ati True Image Monitor needs to run, but wants outbound connection many times a day. Likely for checking for updates, which I can do manually twice a year or so, I let the thing run but deny internet.
    I only do images using ATI recovery flash drive since found it confusing/unuseable from Windows. The interface is dreadful, but not as bad as the client from windows.
    Why they misdesigned ATI so badly when old versions were clear and simple is anyone's guess. That's all I know. Good luck.

My most reliable images (full and diff) are still done from ATI v11 on my windows 7 partition *Smile

91fw, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I regard Acronis software as poorly engineered since I had incredible difficulty removing low level drivers/filters after uninstalling their backup software. I'm very happy with Macrium Reflect.

Steve C, Oct 6, 2016
  7. GregH Win User
    Definitely not what I wanted to hear... *Sad

I will see if I can get along with it. It might not make it onto my next clean install but I am not going to bother trying to remove it now.

GregH, Oct 6, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

I doubt that is the #1 reason - I am sure the clue for #1 reason is in the name as most people download Macrium Reflect Free

I gave up on Acronis after UEFI first became common and they had really buggy versions, and then upgraded a version to a new major version in order to fix bugs, requiring an upgrade fee less than 4 months after buying it.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes - Similar Threads - Acronis True Image

2. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  3. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  4. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  5. acronis true etkinleştirme

acronis true etkinleştirme: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  6. Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang

Acronis True Image 2017 Explorer.exe Hang: I enjoy the Acronis sweet. It's the first backup tool I've used, but I was quite frustrated that this happened. Even over on the Acronis forums there are some people complaining about the same problem with no responses from Acronis themselves. What's even stranger is it...
  7. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  8. Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014

Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 and I am loving it! I want to create a system image using a Acronis True Image 2014 bootable CD. I created a backup using the CD just fine and it includes the MBR the C: drive. When i try to restore the image, Windows 10 will boot but when i...
  9. Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start

Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start: Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017, failed to start, can't remember the error message, something about starting from a floppy, I think. So booted from true image disk and deactvated the F11 option, now I cannot get my PC to boot.... [img] This is the...
  10. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis true image uefi