Windows 10: Acronis True Image Alternatives

Discus and support Acronis True Image Alternatives in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DeaconFrost, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Acronis True Image Alternatives

I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external drive or network location...and offer the reverse process for restoring the image?

I'm not necessarily looking for something free, but I certainly won't complain about free, either.

Thanks!

:)

DeaconFrost, Jan 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Compatibility Checker

The checker indicates that Acronis True Image must be uninstalled during upgrade. I have two other computer that also have Acronis True Image that had no compatibility issues. I uninstalled True Image last week and waited for the checker to rerun. It
    did this morning and I still have the message that Acronis True Image must be uninstalled during upgrade. What do I do?

Diana McFarlane, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Acronis True Image 2014 Compatabillity

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can refer the links below for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Acronis True Image Alternatives

Without a doubt Macrium Reflect is recommended - high reliability - external drive yes, either live in WIndows or in rescue WinPE environment - network location, yes live in Windows, Yes in rescue WinPE environment if Ethernet (but not WiFi). Plenty of discussion in TenForums about it.

Any interest?

I'm sure you'll get plenty of response on MR. I know there are also many AOMEI Backupper and EaseUs Todo Backup proponents here.

Word Man, Jan 21, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    The Forum recommended Macrium Reflect to me and I think you will be impressed. I once used Acronis software which installed low level disk drivers which were very difficult to remove since they were left behind by the Acronis uninstaller. I'm unimpressed by software like this which doesn't clear up after uninstallation.

Steve C, Jan 21, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Even though I personally use Macrium Reflect Free because I like the GUI Interface and also can be used as a mini partition manager to move/resize/swap partitions around.
    Another good one is: Free AOMEI Backupper
    which in fact gives you more options such as the ability to backup Folders which Free Macrium does not provide. In addtition, it also bundle the Windows Recovery in its WinPE so you don't need to create an extra stick for it.

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    Another +1 for Macrium. I have a paid version. I used to use Acronis but too buggy.

fireberd, Jan 21, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Macrium will meet your requirements - AOMEI will too. I have used both and prefer Macrium.

9. lx07 Win User
    This PE disk from @khyi has both Macrium and AOMEI installed (and lots of other things).

I find it really handy to have a web browser working when booting from recovery disk in case you have to look something up.

You could try it... You can put it on USB or CD as you wish.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

10. Macrium is great, use free if you can, paid is stupid expensive.

wreckwriter, Jan 21, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    The free version of Macrium Reflect Free is adequate for most users requirements, but if it is for commercial use, you require a licence.

The paid versions support incremental and differential backup, but the free version only does differential backup, but for domestic use, differential backup is adequate

Incremental backup is where you initially make a full back up and each subsequent incremental backup stores changes since last incremental backup.

Differential backup is where you initially make a full backup and each differential back stores all the changes since initial backup.

Supposing you had four files A, B , C, D all same size of 1GB each.

So if you had files A and B backed up in full back up, then added file C in an incremental backup, and then file D in next incremental backup. Total storage would be 2+1+1 = 4GB.

If you used differential backup, 1st would contain file C only (same as an incremental backup). However 2nd would contain C and D ie all changes from initial full backup, and total storage would be 5GB.

In reality, it does not make much difference as the relative size of changed files is small compared with initial backup.

AEOMI free version does both as stated earlier.

The other major feature of the paid versions of Macrium are that you can restore a backup to different hardware (same bit type of course), and it will sort out the required drivers for you. This is handy for companies with multiple PCs.

Incidentally, I found Macrium Reflect Free (tests a year ago) was the only package of all the main contenders that could backup and restore my Linx tablet which uses a rather unusual 32bit eufi firmware configuration, the others either crashed or simply assumed 32bit must be bios, and would not work.

cereberus, Jan 21, 2016
  12. Biggest reason I needed paid was for encryption. Free doesn't even allow password protection. Yes, free is fine for most users.

wreckwriter, Jan 21, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

It is indeed. If one wants incremental imaging and some other paid features of MR (including support - not that I've needed that per se), a 10% discount can usually be found at all times and occasional 20-30% discounts will arise for limited times. I enjoy my single paid version, meeting all my needs, but settle for using free on 2 other machines in my household.

Word Man, Jan 21, 2016
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    The incremental and differential options were fine when disks cost real money. But today you can get TeraBytes for little money. That's why I am an advocate for full images.

15. Word Man Win User
    And there's much to be said for that (right, @OldMike65 ?). Whether it be your desktop direct to an external or my laptop across the Wifi to the desktop external, scheduling a full disk image at 3-4am in the morning has little impact on me whether it be incremental, differential, or full. Now, I just need to round up the next $100-$120 for one of those sweet WD MyBook 4 TB's.

Word Man, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Acronis True Image Alternatives - Similar Threads - Acronis True Image

2. Another reason not to buy Acronis True Image anymore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another reason not to buy Acronis True Image anymore: Acronis have now moved from perpetual licences to a subscription based licence for Acronis 2021. Worse still, you cannot backup over wifi which I use. Long live Macrium Reflect! 181289
  3. Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions

Acronis True Image Recovery Partition Questions: Hello, I have a 2 month old HP laptop with 256GB NVMe SSD running Windows 10 Version 2004. I wanted to upgrade to a 500GB NVMe SSD. The laptop only has the one NVMe port and I don't have a NVMe to USB adapter or enclosure, so cloning wasn't an option. I got copy of Acronis...
  4. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  5. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  6. acronis true activation

acronis true activation: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  7. acronis true etkinleştirme

acronis true etkinleştirme: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  8. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  9. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  10. Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014

Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 and I am loving it! I want to create a system image using a Acronis True Image 2014 bootable CD. I created a backup using the CD just fine and it includes the MBR the C: drive. When i try to restore the image, Windows 10 will boot but when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis true image free alternative