Windows 10: Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just did a backup of my C drive in Macrium and it took 2 minutes. The same backup this morning took 3 hours with Acronis. Although I tried a restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DeaconFrost, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

What version are you using?

Josey Wales, Oct 7, 2017

2. I do a verify with every backup so Mine takes about 5 minutes.

Josey Wales, Oct 7, 2017
  3. dcol Win User
    Acronis 11.7.50073
    Macrium 7.1.2619
    I can get to any other network computer but the NAS returns an error "The specified module cannot be found'
    Using ReadyNAS OS 6.8.1
    Maybe has something to do with the SMB version?

[UPDATE] Nothing to do with SMB. Tested all versions of SMB with no difference in the error. Also tried a different NIC with no difference. Macrium cannot open files on my NAS. Not usable at this point. Will post on the Macrium forum.

4. Clintlgm Win User

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

I would give Tech support a call there very helpful, there forum is good and if you didn't buy a copy there tech support email is quick and very helpful your NAS should be supported there must be a wrong setting somewhere.
    If they know your a 100 lic. customer they will be very helpful.

Clintlgm, Oct 8, 2017
  5. Macrium Support Forum

Josey Wales, Oct 8, 2017
  6. dcol Win User
    Can't use the forum because I am not licensed. I am evaluating the product and plan to buy a technician license if it works. I did put in a support ticket. No response so far. Not getting a good feeling about Macrium. Has twinges of Acronis attitudes.

7. Anyone can join the forum, you do not even have to have MR. The forum is open for anyone.

Josey Wales, Oct 8, 2017
  8. dcol Win User

You are incorrect. Try it. Maybe they changed things since you joined. It requires a license number to register in the forum now.

9. fdegrove Win User
    fdegrove, Oct 8, 2017
  10. I am a Paid Member and already a member but I joined before I ever used MR I think..

Josey Wales, Oct 8, 2017
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    *Ditto Perhaps they change something when the forum started up for Version 7 I think they have merged the 2 forums now but not sure since I havn't been back to the old forum.

Clintlgm, Oct 8, 2017
  12. No it was changed prior to ver 6 or at the time that ver 6 was released. I had some questions while testing MR ver6 before purchasing it and it would not let me create a logon ID on the forum.

I found out that if your looking to evaluate MR, I used the sales # and or their Email. Its on the web page and they actually got me the answers I was looking for. I'am a Happy register user for the last 2 years.

storageman, Oct 8, 2017
  13. dcol Win User

Tried the email, no response. All I got was a response saying they got the email. Not calling the UK.

14. Don't know where your live, and you didn't state when you contacted them, but there is 7-10 hr time difference between the USA and UK ! Patience

storageman, Oct 9, 2017
  15. They are using previous windows version aik files I'm guessing it's the issue. I can't use vi boot at all.

laserpaddy, Oct 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Acronis True Image

2. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  3. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  4. Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect vs Acronis: I have been using Acronis for many years but lately have not been sure of its reliability. I recently tried Macrium but I noticed a difference. With Acronis when I have restored the Windows OS I have "sanitized" the SSD that had the corrupted OS on it. Then Acronis would...
  5. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging: I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer. What are my options? Built-in Win10 or something like Macrium? 46389
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Should I settle on Acronis True Image (paid version) or Macrium?

Should I settle on Acronis True Image (paid version) or Macrium?: I have purchased Acronis TrueImage 2018 primarily for disk imaging in case I have a system crash and for individual file recovery if needed. ATI apparently will handle my 3TB WD MyCloud and a tethered 2TB HDD to give me 5TB storage for backups. I also have Macrium Free...
  8. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  9. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  10. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...