Windows 10: Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Aik has nothing to do with it. It's an already working WinPE OS that sees the network devices just fine. Even sees the NAS, just can't open the NAS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DeaconFrost, Jun 27, 2016.

1. dcol Win User

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Aik has nothing to do with it. It's an already working WinPE OS that sees the network devices just fine. Even sees the NAS, just can't open the NAS files. Can open all other network computer files ok. With all other computers the login screen pops up, with the NAS I just get that error I posted earlier.

2. They are using previous windows version aik files I'm guessing it's the issue. I can't use vi boot at all.

laserpaddy, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    Are you testing out the personal version or the business version? The personal free version may not support backing up to a NAS

Clintlgm, Oct 9, 2017
  4. dcol Win User

As far as the recovery media goes, They can use any WinPE version they want. It's what they add to it is the real question.

5. Sorry for the double post I'm on phone...
    Anytime I comment reach a device it was always something in rights and shares, and for me it was because I have fat fingers and even though I play the violin I can't play a keyboard.

Could it be because of an eval version? I know you cannot restore to different hardware in eval, yes I know it's not directly related to your issue in just sharing mine. *Smile

laserpaddy, Oct 9, 2017
  6. dcol Win User
    I tested the commercial version. besides, I can backup just fine. The issue is the recovery media cannot see the NAS files. I am trying to test the restore using the recovery media. The recovery media run fine, it just cannot load any files from the NAS. All other network computers load fine. It's just the NAS.

7. dcol Win User
    if I cannot test the restore in my working environment, Then why should I buy this product?
    The restore is the most important part of the backup system. Without it, backups are pointless.
    If I can get to files from other network devices, I should be able to get to the NAS as well. The NAS works fine with Acronis PE recovery media.

8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

I had Acronis installed it was ok. Got full paragon it was ok. Have Macruim and it's better.
    I had to use an Acronis uninstaller from therre site to do a full clean up.

laserpaddy, Oct 9, 2017
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    It sounds like your missing a driver that recognizes your NAS it should have been picked up when you created your recovery media but apparently it didn't so you will have to add it too the Image before you finish creating the restore USB Thumb drive. I'm not familiar enough with NAS Network drivers but you probably know what I'm talking about since its your system.
    You might try creating the recovery USB Thumb Drive there is a stage that shows you the drivers that are being added, at that point if you don't see the driver for your NAS you can add it manually.

Clintlgm, Oct 9, 2017
  10. dcol Win User
    Actually there is a way to register on the forum. If you install the trial, not the free version, you get a license number that you can use to register on the forums.

11. KabyBlue Win User
    If you don't mind @cereberus, I know this is an old post but could you expand a little more on how you go about going into Audit Mode on an image that already has user accounts created in order to run sysprep?

Thnx

KabyBlue, Jan 31, 2018
  12. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Feb 1, 2018
  13. KabyBlue Win User

KabyBlue, Feb 1, 2018
  14. RolandJS Win User
    For what it's worth, I now use Macrium Reflect 7, Image for Windows 3.16, and I have Acronis True Image 2016 nonCloud version sitting around -- just in case *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Acronis True Image

2. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  3. Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image pr Windows Secrity: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  4. Macrium Reflect vs Acronis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect vs Acronis: I have been using Acronis for many years but lately have not been sure of its reliability. I recently tried Macrium but I noticed a difference. With Acronis when I have restored the Windows OS I have "sanitized" the SSD that had the corrupted OS on it. Then Acronis would...
  5. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging: I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer. What are my options? Built-in Win10 or something like Macrium? 46389
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Should I settle on Acronis True Image (paid version) or Macrium?

Should I settle on Acronis True Image (paid version) or Macrium?: I have purchased Acronis TrueImage 2018 primarily for disk imaging in case I have a system crash and for individual file recovery if needed. ATI apparently will handle my 3TB WD MyCloud and a tethered 2TB HDD to give me 5TB storage for backups. I also have Macrium Free...
  8. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  9. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  10. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis true image 2017 hyper-v