Windows 10: AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer

Discus and support AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Somehow I figured out that when I press Copy path button in File Explorer, the AcroTray.exe is automatically run. I can't understand the connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SektorLP, Dec 4, 2018.

1. SektorLP Win User

AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer

Somehow I figured out that when I press Copy path button in File Explorer, the AcroTray.exe is automatically run. I can't understand the connection between these two events. How to get rid of this thing?

:)

SektorLP, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 4, 2018
  3. nkienitz Win User
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files

Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder.

Same response on 3 different laptops.

I have a history of the APP for these EXEs (~12+ years worth) and they have always run from the RUN box and from the same download folder.

I can get the EXE to run when I click on it from Windows File Explorer or the Directory Opus File Manager.

I've also copied the two most recent EXEs that I downloaded since the 1803 update to my Desktop and they will run from the RUN box at that location.

I'm guessing something has changed with the 1803 update to affect this, but have not been able to figure it out as of yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

nkienitz, Dec 4, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer - Similar Threads - AcroTray exe automatically

2. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  3. Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying: I am copying files from a EHD to my documents folder. I get an error saying "destination path too long" and with an option to skip or cancel. I have thousands of files in the folders that I am copying. How do I find out which files have a "destination path too long". Is there...
  4. Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying

Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying: I am copying files from a EHD to my documents folder. I get an error saying "destination path too long" and with an option to skip or cancel. I have thousands of files in the folders that I am copying. How do I find out which files have a "destination path too long". Is there...
  5. Windows 11 - Issue running .exe if file path includes a space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Issue running .exe if file path includes a space.: This started with the EA app, I assumed this was an issue with EA and not windows. However, since I have started getting this with Word and Cyberghost. It's noticed by going into the start menu and trying to run the app, nothing will happen. If I then run the app as an admin,...
  6. Windows 11 - Issue running .exe if file path includes a space.

Windows 11 - Issue running .exe if file path includes a space.: This started with the EA app, I assumed this was an issue with EA and not windows. However, since I have started getting this with Word and Cyberghost. It's noticed by going into the start menu and trying to run the app, nothing will happen. If I then run the app as an admin,...
  7. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?: If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me...
  8. Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...: In the past, If I wanted to run a program like "procexp.exe" from the RUN box without having to type the entire folder path to the executable, I would first copy the exe into "c:\windows\system32" folder. This no longer works for me. Am I right? Did an update disable...
  9. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...