Windows 10: Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?

Discus and support Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated from 1909 to 20H2 a couple weeks ago, and it went fine. Transparency and acrylic effect were working fine. But I just installed a cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MotherStylus, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?

I updated from 1909 to 20H2 a couple weeks ago, and it went fine. Transparency and acrylic effect were working fine. But I just installed a cumulative update today, KB4601319, and when I logged in my taskbar suddenly had like 50% transparency but no blur effect. The start menu is completely opaque, no transparency or blur. Same with the notification/action menu flyout. Windows that used to be partially transparent with a blur effect, like the W10 settings UI, are now fully opaque.

The lock screen has no blur effect on it either. I use windows terminal and have the acrylic effect enabled with transparency set to 50%. Instead it's showing up as fully opaque.

Anyone know how to fix this? Naturally, transparency is enabled in the personalization menu. I've also checked settings that I knew to be related to the blur effect, like those in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm. Nothing seems to have any effect. All I can do is alternate between a fully opaque taskbar, about 75% opaque taskbar, and 50% taskbar. None of the settings seem to have any effect on anything except the taskbar.

The last time I did a clean reinstall was around 1803, so this particular system and account are pretty old. I wonder if there are some old registry keys that used to work but are messing something up now that I've updated to 20H2. Maybe this is just a bug with the specific build I'm on, 19042.867, but if you know of any registry settings that might affect this, I'd like to try them. I'm kind of OCD about the visual layout so this is honestly the kind of thing that might compel me to reinstall windows completely, which would be really unfortunate.

Thanks so much

edit: also, transparency is enabled in Ease of Access > Display as well. But again it's not really the transparency that's the problem. For some reason windows that should have the acrylic effect are not showing up as transparent, but clearly the transparency settings are working since the taskbar is transparent, it just has no blur effect. And when I go to personalization > enable transparency and toggle it off and on, I can clearly see the transparency in the taskbar turning off and on as soon as I flip the toggle. So that is working, it just seems to not be the cause of the problem. It's like transparency is on but acrylic is messed up and is using regular transparency as a fallback for the taskbar, but using full opacity as a fallback for every other UWP/XAML control that's supposed to support acrylic.

This is a desktop computer by the way so there is no battery saving mode. Animations are enabled. System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Adjust for best appearance is enabled. Idk if this should matter but it's a TR 1950X with the very latest chipset drivers and "ryzen balanced" power plan, and a GTX 1080 Ti with the latest studio driver. So I'm really scratching my head as to what could be causing this on my end.

submitted by /u/MotherStylus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MotherStylus, Mar 11, 2021
  2. lmod Win User
  3. Compumind Win User
    Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10  

Hi!

Please see this -

Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Much easier.

*Cool

Compumind, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?

Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar

Hi, I am using 1903 version of windows 10

just wanted to remove acrylic blur from start menu and task bar

to get a clear transparency effect .

Thanks.

OliverKandir, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?

1. Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2? - Similar Threads - Acrylic glass blur

2. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when it happend but I recently noticed that my taskbar and other Windows menus did not show that nice acrylic effect, they are just black, my taskbar is a bit transparent...I already tried toggeling the switch for transparency effects in the...
  3. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when it happend but I recently noticed that my taskbar and other Windows menus did not show that nice acrylic effect, they are just black, my taskbar is a bit transparent...I already tried toggeling the switch for transparency effects in the...
  4. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 is not downloading after an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 is not downloading after an...: my windows cumulative update Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319 will not download after a hour. i have windows 10 pro....
  6. Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10: Acrylic effect doesn't work on my machine. I have a laptop running the latest windows 10 version (2004). The visual effects works 1 out of 20 reboots only. Battery saving is OFF, Transparency effects are turned ON in settings and all i get is a transparent tool bar and...
  7. Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10

Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10: Acrylic effect stopped working on my machine since the beginning of 2020. I have a laptop running the latestwindows 10 version 2004 that didn't fixed the issue. The visual effects works 1 out of 10 reboots only. Battery saving isOFF, Transparency effects are turned ON in...
  8. Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar

Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar: Hi, I am using 1903 version of windows 10 just wanted to remove acrylic blur from start menu and task bar to get a clear transparency effect . Thanks....
  9. Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18237, Microsoft added an acrylic blur effect to the sign-in screen...
  10. Disable blur effect - not transparency

Disable blur effect - not transparency: Is there a way in Windows 10 to disable the blur effect but keep the transparency. (I know there was one in the early builds of Windows 10 when Microsoft was testing the blur effect. ) 31621