Windows 10: Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.

Discus and support Acrylic transparency not working after windows update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know how to start off this thread other than acrylic transparency does not work properly after an unknown update to my laptop, now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oakbricks, Nov 17, 2020.

1. oakbricks Win User

Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.

I don't know how to start off this thread other than acrylic transparency does not work properly after an unknown update to my laptop, now the transparency is like the old windows 8/8.1 one no blur just transparency and some other things like the start menu, title bars, and transparent apps not respecting the transparency options

:)

oakbricks, Nov 17, 2020

2. Acrylic / Transparency not working for Windows Store App

Hi,

I've trying to make an app using an AcrylicBruch but can't get Transparency to work on my PC at a System level.

On the screen bellow, we can see the "XAML Controls Gallery" app (with it being the main active/focus window) and the Settings app with the "transparency effects" turned on.

Acrylic transparency not working after windows update. caf4fa64-a788-4880-9faa-29b5b37a4d95?upload=true.png

Even worst, is that I've purposely moved both windows under my taskbar and we can see that the taskbar actually IS transparent, but the window store apps aren't...

I've also went in the System Properties -> Advanced (tab) -> Settings (of the Performance area) -> Visual Effects (default tab of the opened window) and set the radio button to "Adjust for best appearance", but this didn't change anything.

I'm using: Windows 10 Pro version 1709 (OS Build 16299.431)

For the record: I've downloaded the XAML Controls Gallery directly from the Windows Store.

The only special case is that this is a virtual machine hosted in Hyper-V.

Here are the details of the host:

• Windows 10 Pro version 1709 (OS Build 16299.431) (same as the virtual machine)
    • Hyper-V version: 10.0.16.299.15
    • Hyper-V Settings -> Physical GPUs

Acrylic transparency not working after windows update. f8b78d8c-e88b-49eb-b153-13798fee3e19?upload=true.png

My host OS can render Acrylic without any issue.

The client virtual machine can't render it ever. I tried:

• Connect (standard/not enhanced)
    • Enhanced connect
    • Remote desktop
    For the record, also tried connecting via RDP to another random physical PC that rendered transparency correctly, and the rendering of transparency worked properly event trough RDP.

In conclusion, this is for sure not a programming issue, not is it a RDP issue. It's either a virtual machine issue or a system configuration issue.

If this is the wrong forum can someone please tell me witch one would be more appropriate please.

Thanks in advance,

Pasquale

PasqualeLauriola, Nov 17, 2020
  3. -MKANET- Win User
    How to revert back to older transpency effect from Acrylic transparency on Win10 Fall update?

The new "Acrylic" transparency effect for Windows 10 modern apps and Start Menu is way too too opaque. It looks almost as bad as turning transparency completely off.

Is there a way to revert back to the older transparency effect in Windows 10? The whole point of transparency is to be able to tell what's "behind" windows that are on top. Its not really possible to do that anymore with the almost opaque Acrylic transparency
    effect.

It doesn't appear there is any builtin ways to do this. Maybe, it's possible to use a 3rd party tool like Aero Tweaker or something like that? Thanks in advance!

-MKANET-, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.

Windows 10 transparency probelms

After few minutes googling what Acrylic Transparency is, you're right, thanks for telling me. So... Is there a way to turn back to the standard transparency? Acrylic is too opaque.

WindowsIsGreat, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.

1. Acrylic transparency not working after windows update. - Similar Threads - Acrylic transparency working

2. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  3. No transparent taskbar after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No transparent taskbar after Windows update: I used to have a transparent taskbar before. I got it using Open-Shell. However, the transparency capability seems to no longer work. I think the problem started after I installed a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. It could have been a week ago or a bit more. I read...
  4. Acrylic blur suddenly doesn't work after latest update (GeForce GTX 960).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acrylic blur suddenly doesn't work after latest update (GeForce GTX 960).: Transparency effects are on, but there's no transparency and no blur on any of the apps using it. It worked fine for years prior. WTF, Microsoft... submitted by /u/TheCellGrid [link] [comments]...
  5. Start menu acrylic transparency.

Start menu acrylic transparency.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Lingonberry_5859 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ni7min/start_menu_acrylic_transparency/
  6. Acrylics

Acrylics: [ATTACH] breaking down how acrylic works submitted by /u/crimson_in_capitals [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mf55zv/acrylics/
  7. Transparency broken after update

Transparency broken after update: [ATTACH] Using AMD Ryzen 3500U APU with latest WHQL driver for GPU submitted by /u/Oakredditer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzk1tf/transparency_broken_after_update/
  8. Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10

Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10: Acrylic effect doesn't work on my machine. I have a laptop running the latest windows 10 version (2004). The visual effects works 1 out of 20 reboots only. Battery saving is OFF, Transparency effects are turned ON in settings and all i get is a transparent tool bar and...
  9. Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....

Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....: Hey guys! I know this is a small issue, but the acrylic transparency effects are gone. From the start menu to Microsoft Store apps. It kinda bothers me since I expect the update (May 2020 feature update version 2004) to fix the Action Center animation bug that my PC had. The...
  10. Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 Users can turn on or off transparency for the Start, taskbar, and action center for only their account in Windows 10. When users turn on...