Windows 10: ACSM file problem

Discus and support ACSM file problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change the default app for ACSM files to Adobe Digital Editions but this option is not provided In Windows 10 the only default app shown is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by douglasthompson3, Jul 19, 2019.

1. ACSM file problem

I want to change the default app for ACSM files to Adobe Digital Editions but this option is not provided In Windows 10 the only default app shown is Adobe Acrobat (or get an app from the store - but I can't find ADE there).

Suggestions please!

:)

douglasthompson3, Jul 19, 2019

2. .acsm files to digital edition

Hi Paul,

How are you trying to set it as default? Which version of Windows 10 are you using? To check, type
    winver on the search bar, then press the Enter key. If you're using Windows 10 1709, kindly follow these steps to set a default app for your ACSM file:

• Type settings on the search bar.
    • Click on Settings, then click on Apps.
    • On the left panel, click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, then click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .acsm, click on Choose a default or the currently selected default app for it, then select the app that you want to use instead.
    • Close the window.

If those steps do not resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps that were provided by
    Yowa N last May 13, 2016 in this thread instead:

Default programme to open file type ACSM

Kindly get back to us with the information that we asked for, once you've tried the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Jul 19, 2019
  3. ADE cannot be set as the default program for acsm files

Hi Siggrub,

What happens when you're trying to Set Adobe Digital Editions as the default program for .acsm files? Are you getting an error message? In the meantime, try to set the default program for .acsm files by using this method:

1. Right-click on an .acsm file and select Properties.
    2. Under the General tab, set the default program by clicking
      Change
    3. If Adobe Digital Editions is not on the list, click on More apps, then
      Look for another app on this PC.
    4. Locate and select Adobe Digital Editions.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 19, 2019
  4. ACSM file problem

ACSM files

I have downloaded adobe digital editions 4.5 but it does not show up on the tool bar and I can not select it as a default app for opening ACSM files. how do I correct this?

TomMayberry, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

ACSM file problem

1. ACSM file problem - Similar Threads - ACSM file problem

2. File problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File problems: Hello! i just downloaded Scripthook WinRAR for GTA5 PC, then i moved the required files to my GTA 5 folder, and not only it's not working properly, i can't even find all of the 3 files, only one. I want to delete them. Please help....
  3. File problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File problems: Hello! i just downloaded Scripthook WinRAR for GTA5 PC, then i moved the required files to my GTA 5 folder, and not only it's not working properly, i can't even find all of the 3 files, only one. I want to delete them. Please help....
  4. File problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File problem: So I was just deleting stuff to free up space then I come up with a buffer error, I tried other ways to fix it but those are for commands which in my lap-top is not a regular, its a school one so I have permission to do commands, is there any way to fix it? please leave a...
  6. File problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File problem: So I was just deleting stuff to free up space then I come up with a buffer error, I tried other ways to fix it but those are for commands which in my lap-top is not a regular, its a school one so I have permission to do commands, is there any way to fix it? please leave a...
  7. File problem

8. Problem with file

Problem with file: [ATTACH] Hello guys ive been stuck with why every time I attempt to open a jar file from minecraft.net this message pops up and any attempt to open it in some other way doesn't work. I have the correct 64bit java edition installed on my computer so I'm confused to as why...
  9. Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't make Adobe Digital Editions my default for .acsm files: I am trying to make Adobe Digital Editions the default app to open .acsm files, to allow reading of downloaded ebooks from the university collection. When I got to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose Default apps by File Type and go down to .acsm, it says "there is no installed...
  10. ACSM files

in Windows 10 Customization
    ACSM files: I have downloaded adobe digital editions 4.5 but it does not show up on the tool bar and I can not select it as a default app for opening ACSM files. how do I correct this?...