Windows 10: Acting like a Child Account

Discus and support Acting like a Child Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account is now acting like a Child account. It is limiting me - the adult and Family Settings Organizer - on EVERYTHING: web browsing, screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gnwjr, Jul 28, 2020.

1. gnwjr Win User

Acting like a Child Account

My account is now acting like a Child account.

It is limiting me - the adult and Family Settings Organizer - on EVERYTHING: web browsing, screen time, applications, etc. Recently, when I tried using Firefox logged in on MY account, a window popped up "Ask for Permission - Microsoft Family Features" saying I needed to ask an adult for permission to use Firefox. I said "Ask by email" and subsequently received an email saying my son wanted to use Firefox. Again, it was I that wanted to use Firefox, but the email indicated that my son wanted to use it. Another instance was when my son's normal screen time had expired. When I tried to sign into the laptop undermy login, a window popped up indicating time had expired, I accepted "My Parent is Here," and the system responded by saying that since I am also the Administrator, blah, blah, blah and I was locked out until the next day, assuming I happen to try and get on during his screen time.

Again, I am logged into the computer Windows 10 Pro laptop, not my son. I deleted all family settings with the laptop off and nothing worked. I reapplied a new family specifically to my son with no screen times, no limitations, but I am obviously still having the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

gnwjr, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Child Account

Hi Izzy1412,

Thank you for the response.

We truly understand the urgency here. Here in the forums, we're unable to call you. We highly suggest you Contact
    Support
    for further assistance.

What we can do here is provide the online support pages that helps you out with the steps needed to resolve issues and provide insight on different types of accounts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-account-parental-consent-and-child-accounts will
    provide you information how a parent and child accounts are created.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You mentioned you are 17, which means you're underage and the account is considered a child type. To resolve this,
    please have the parent account assigned to your account provide consent. Only the parent account can do this.

This is in compliance with regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to
    update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Acting like a Child Account - Similar Threads - Acting Child Account

2. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  3. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  4. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  5. Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not

Account looks like a family or child's account, but it’s not: Message sent to Microsoft forumA elderly friend tried to login to her account and was asked to give parental permission. It looked like a childs account, but it’s not. My friend is a female in her 70s and has no idea why her account is a family account.? The account does not...
  6. Controller Acting like a mouse

Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  7. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  8. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  9. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  10. Wifi will act like disconnected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi will act like disconnected.: So while playing an online game or just chatting with someone on discord or just anything my wifi will just disconnected. I will still be able to play the game perfectly and stay connected to it and still be able to talk with people on the call but when going over anything...