Windows 10: Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice

Discus and support Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Build 17763,rs5_release180914-1434 installed a couple of days ago. Now the action center is blank when opened after icon indicates a new notice. Worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlRaven, Oct 7, 2018.

1. AlRaven Win User

Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice

Build 17763,rs5_release180914-1434 installed a couple of days ago. Now the action center is blank when opened after icon indicates a new notice. Worked before the update. I haven't changed any of the settings.

:)

AlRaven, Oct 7, 2018
  2. moondoggy Win User

IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

I may have never noticed this in Windows 10 but after the 1607 anniversary update was released I noticed that Mail notifications that turned on the Action Center Icon and the Email subject and sender information in the action center, over time, would disappear without any intervention on my part. To be clear an email notification would arrive and the Action Center Icon would change to indicated that a notification was received and the details of that notification were listed in the action center but (A) I did not click on the action center icon (B) I did not open the built-in Mail application and (C) I did not open Outlook 2010. However, after being absent from my PC for a period of time, I noticed that the action center icon was no longer showing a notification and when I did finally open the action center there were no notifications there either. What I seem to remember was that prior to the 1607 anniversary update, if you clicked on the action center icon the icon would remove the notification highlighting but to actually remove the notifications themselves from the action center I had to either clear the individual notification or clear all notification or open Outlook 2010 and download my mail.

So, is this the behavior that others are seeing? If so, is there a way to control this so notifications simply don't disappear on their own?

moondoggy, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Oct 7, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice - Similar Threads - Action center blank

2. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  3. Has the WiFi Icon in Action Center Changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has the WiFi Icon in Action Center Changed?: I must confess that I haven't paid much attention in the past, but I was having some connection problems yesterday and spending more time than usual thrashing around in the Action Center. The WiFi icon looked funny to me - it has this little dingus at the upper right see...
  4. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  5. Blank Action Center

Blank Action Center: Windows 10 running version 1809 (the update from Hell). Action Center remains blank no matter how I tweak settings. How can I fix it so Action Center displays notifications?...
  6. Blank Action Center

Blank Action Center: Greetings, I am having problems with my notification center where I cannot see notifications that I have received. The action center opens up without a title and it is just blank. I only see options like tablet mode etc on the bottom but no notifications. How can I fix...
  7. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  8. Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?

Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?: I would like to change the position of the clock and action center on the system tray (like win 10 does with anniversary update), other system tray icons like power and wifi are changeable but the clock and action center isn't. Is this possible? 58223
  9. Blank screen on my Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen on my Action Center: The other night my Action Center froze up and when I went back to it later it was completely blank. I would really like all the stuff that was on it again, but don't know how they disappeared in the first place. Any help would be wonderful. 87721
  10. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...