Windows 10: action center icon missing

Discus and support action center icon missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlB117, Aug 19, 2018.

1. AlB117 Win User

action center icon missing

Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018

:)

AlB117, Aug 19, 2018

2. Action center icon missing from the taskbar

The action center and notifications icon has disappeared from my task bar in Windows 10 it was there up until a week or so ago but now gone and doing a search for it doesn't find it on my computer.

I have tried all of the following suggestions but they haven't restored it.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform
    System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available.
    Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And

I would suggest you to try the steps below to check if action center is disabled:

1 Press windows key + I

2. Click on "system"

3. Click on "notifications and actions" on the left pane.

4. Click on "turn system icons on or off"

5. If action center is disabled, turn it on.

Any way I can reinstall it?

TonyPearce450, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Kalyan_Ch Win User
    Action center icon missing from the taskbar

Dear Tony,

thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately I didn't find any solution even after following above your mentioned steps.

I did perform both Method 1 and Method 2, still I could not able see action center on taskbar.

I just want to know where it is an windows bug or any kind of external attack like virus !

Any help to restore action center would be great.

Regards

Kalyan

Kalyan_Ch, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. action center icon missing - Similar Threads - action center icon

2. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  3. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  4. Action Center is missing...

Action Center is missing...: Hey can you guys help me because i disabled Action Center from Winaero Tweaker and i uninstalled it. I was so dumb to forget that i disabled the Action Center. Please help me...
  5. why are all my icons missing in the action center?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why are all my icons missing in the action center?: why are all my icons missing in the action center? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-all-my-icons-missing-in-the-action-center/a43258a9-f986-4dcf-87d3-b4c34c8c3ecc
  6. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  7. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  8. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  9. Icons missing in Action Center and Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons missing in Action Center and Snip & Sketch: In the Action Center and Snip & Sketch, many of the icons are missing. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 (build 18362.295). I tried clearing the icon cache but that did not solve the problem. When logging in as another user I see the icons, so it is only affecting my...
  10. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...