Windows 10: Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

Discus and support Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davy49, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Davy49 Win User

Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

Hi All,
    I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing happens. This is occurring on my ASUS T100TA touchscreen transformer book. I've even added the regsistry edit that Brink has posted in the tutorial section. Is anyone else in here having this issue ?
    Thanks,
    David *Sad

:)

Davy49, Aug 21, 2015

2. Missing action center icon from Taskbar

this didn't work

instead the network icon displayed on taskbar too got grayed out like action center icon:-(

DARSHAN M U, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 October taskbar issue

Everything was working fine- on 10-16-2015 startup, search and action center icons on taskbar will not work?

floridaperch, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi Brink,
    As ALWAYS..thanks so much for a reply, I'm typing this reply on my 'main' computer, a laptop with windows 10 pro 32-bit edition installed on it. The 'Action Center' is working correctly on this machine. Just out of curiosity ..I went into the registry at the location you mentioned to look for the action center : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer , it's not there..so I presume it's NOT located there by default ? On the computer I'm having an issue with, I elected to start receiving insider updates, I had installed one, but for some reason I remember I didn't like it..so I rolled back to the previous build of windows 10. As far as the action center, on that computer it doesn't work, but I still receive what I call the slide in notification's. The more I think about it..I'm thinking I should try doing another 'clean ' install and see if that corrects my issue. Also,
    just to let you know..I did in fact add the reg file to that computer..it didn't seem to work through the 'merge' method, but action center still didn't work.
    Thanks,
    David*sarc

Davy49, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's correct. The registry value for this won't be there unless the policy had been enabled.

Yeah, a clean install should give you the best results in the end.

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Davy49 Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Rather than do a clean install..and have to re-install software..etc., I just disabled the action center icon on the taskbar for now. Even when it turned solid white as if to announce that I had new notification's...when I clicked on it nothing happened. On my 'main' computer the action center works correctly.
    David

Davy49, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  9. Davy49 Win User
    Hi Brink,
    Thanks once again for a reply, I've been using the media creation tool to re-install windows 10, that's how I first upgraded my ASUS T100TA Transformer Book I'm typing this reply on. I know there are two option's when using that tool, to either upgrade windows now or create a copy on a usb drive or something. At this point in time I really don't know if performing a 'repair install' would correct my action center notifications issue or not. Besides..at least for me, it seems that's the only 'real' issue I seem to be having on my ASUS machine @ the moment..of course I'd like to get the action center working correctly like it is on my laptop.
    Thanks,
    David

Davy49, Aug 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    A repair install should fix this for since it would basically be the same as refreshing Windows, but without losing anything.

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  11. Davy49 Win User
    So I can still use the media creation tool, but just install the o.s. to my usb drive instead of doing the way I've been doing ?
    David

Davy49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working - Similar Threads - Action Center Icon

2. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  3. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  4. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working: When I turned my pc on today again the taskbar wasn't showing any icons, only the search bar, hour and action center (which doesn't work). All the apps that launch automatically didn't start either. I tried re-pinning the apps to the taskbar but it said instead "unpin the...
  6. Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Action Center and Taskbar Icons Not Clickable.: After the most recent major update, I am no longer able to open any of my Windows Taskbar buttons such as clock, internet connection or the action center. Tried restarting windows explorer and running /sfc scannow. Any help would be much appreciated! submitted by...
  7. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  8. action center in taskbar

action center in taskbar: in the taskbar it shows there is a notification from something but when I click on the message icon it comes up with the side bar that usually shows up but its blank and the selectable things come up such as all settings and ect....
  9. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  10. Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work: I'm having a big problem. I screwed something up with my taskbar and I can't undo it. I logged on as usual. An annoying message popped up at the lower right corner of the desktop, above, not in, the taskbar, alerting me to something I should download and install that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows let click no action on notification taskbar why 3