Windows 10: Action center is broken again

Discus and support Action center is broken again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today this laptop's action center would not respond ... again. Why? I logged off and on ... and now it's working again. But what creates this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Action center is broken again

Today this laptop's action center would not respond ... again. Why?

I logged off and on ... and now it's working again. But what creates this situation? This is not the first time.

I'm currently running FCU, version 1709 (OS Build 16299.125).

:)

margrave55, Jan 4, 2018

2. broken start menu + action center bug

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

The issue you are facing with Start Menu, I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions from Ravinath P and see if it helps.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

The issue you are facing with CPU over heating, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 4, 2018
  3. broken start menu + action center bug

hi,

when i upgraded to windows 10 i had little time to enjoy the finally returning start menu. ( clicking it does nothing, neither does the windows key), but when i right click on it i get the control panel ect, anyone know a fix?

so for the second part, my cpu is overheating from time to time since i got windows 10, in the windows version before this i could just set cpu use per application, but now i cant? so i've looked around and on pretty much every forum/reddit they say it might
    be because Show me tips about Windows is enable, but when i go to: Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions it doesn't show up.

it only gives me some options about show app notification or change quik action bar, anyone know how i can fix this?

Vincent93NL, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Action center is broken again

Its happened with me a few times on Creators update. It never happened on 1703 though

sportsfan148, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Action center is broken again

1. Action center is broken again - Similar Threads - Action center broken

2. Youtube notifications broken in Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube notifications broken in Action Center: I'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 19041 64-bit on a i7 4770-K with 32gb of ramI use Action Center for notifications, they all respond normally when I click on them taking me to the corresponding application i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc. except any notification from Youtube,...
  3. Youtube notifications broken in Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube notifications broken in Action Center: I'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 19041 64-bit on a i7 4770-K with 32gb of ramI use Action Center for notifications, they all respond normally when I click on them taking me to the corresponding application i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc. except any notification from Youtube,...
  4. Youtube notifications broken in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  6. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  7. Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(: One of the more annoying bugs in Win 10 (which sits there since the beginning and still isn't fixed) is that occasionally the action center simply stops responding. Clicking on the icon or hitting Win-A then always turns into a No-Op. :-( I then always have to dig out Task...
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593