Windows 10: Action Center keeps turning off notifications

Discus and support Action Center keeps turning off notifications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and have been having an ongoing problem with my Action Center. Every few days, something happens and, even though the action center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZaneStein, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ZaneStein Win User

Action Center keeps turning off notifications

I have Windows 10 and have been having an ongoing problem with my Action Center. Every few days, something happens and, even though the action center icon is white and appears to have messages, when I open it there are no messages. I put my cursor over the icon and see "New notifications (off)". When I check in settings it says that no apps are set to give notifications, although previously several have been.

Disable/re-enable Windows explorer does not fix the issue, nor does just rebooting the computer.

What does appear to restore the action center notifications is to do two things: run SFC /scannow, then a couple of DISM commands, then reboot, and the action center is back to normal.

But it is frustrating that I have to do this time and time again.

Can someone help me figure out how to stop the Action Center from turning off notifications without warning?

:)

ZaneStein, Dec 31, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Action Center keeps turning off notifications

Configure Action Center

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with the notifications from the action center regarding the apps.

I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.
    Follow the below steps and check if issue resolves.
    • press Windows + I key and select System.
    • left pane select the Notifications.
    • select the Money app and Turn OFF the notifications for it.
    Note: You can also turn off the notifications for all the apps related to stock market in the same way.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Action Center keeps turning off notifications

1. Action Center keeps turning off notifications - Similar Threads - Action Center keeps

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions: The registry keys for each of the notifications in the above settings page are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned. Each notification adds a separate string value for the notification. Turning the notification off deletes the key. The notifications...
  4. undo action center turn off notifications

undo action center turn off notifications: accidentally turned off all notifications from Laravel Mix, is there a way to bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-action-center-turn-off-notifications/04a0f64c-0133-4b6b-9a9a-0651c16dabaa
  5. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  6. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  7. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Notifications in Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional...