Windows 10: Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

Discus and support Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is there any way to recover a frozen Action Center besides these dated and failed resolutions? This started with the Start Menu on my PC freezing, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarkMadder, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

Is there any way to recover a frozen Action Center besides these dated and failed resolutions? This started with the Start Menu on my PC freezing, not responding, or if sucessful pop-up, then not responding to cursor action. After attempting several fixes- Resetting Explorer would temporarily resolve this,; then not at all. System Scan & repair App ($) fixed it. The Mail App froze at the same time, resetting Explorer did F.A. and $ystem $can & Repair only made it invisible -Microsoft store says "you have this installed" (but where did it go?). Before there was an icon to click on in Start that could be pinned to Start or Taskbar; with that gone and the fact that it is a System App; there are no simple folder location where it can be easily accessed. Finally, the Action Center that no longer sees any action- Resetting Explorer, likewise did nothing to resolve the Action Center freeze; the $ystem $can & Repair brought in one massive batch of notifications, but after this one burst, NOTHING. ALL the solutions offered here by Microsoft proved worthless and solved NOTHING. The solution of going into App Control failed because THAT APP was apparently affected by this bug, because it would crash without responding immediately after opening. All the Powershell code offered here was not recognised by Command Prompt as valid (Get AppXManifest etc...). WTF?! This has been happening to folks for some considerable time, without any solutions offered that are VALID. The fact that these are basic desktop tools coordinating essential services within the Windows system and Microsoft is unable to resolve them is a bit disturbing. It wouldn't be so bad if there was an alternative app available to perform these functions, but with Microsoft throwing their hands up here leaves us S.O.L..

:)

DarkMadder, Oct 12, 2018

2. Not Receiving Mail app Notifications in the Action Center

These are the steps I have already followed

HeathSimpson071382, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Not Receiving Mail app Notifications in the Action Center

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Open Mail app, and click on the gear icon.

• Click on Options.

• Under Notifications turn on Show in action center.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 13, 2018
  4. taward Win User

Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

1. Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug - Similar Threads - Action Center Mail

2. problems with action center and calender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with action center and calender: Ever since i downloaded windows 11 i have not been able to access my volume, network, action center and calender via the buttons on the task bar. ive tryed all the different ways that i found on the net but none have worked. Ive tryed the windows + r to bring up quick actions...
  3. problems with action center and calender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with action center and calender: Ever since i downloaded windows 11 i have not been able to access my volume, network, action center and calender via the buttons on the task bar. ive tryed all the different ways that i found on the net but none have worked. Ive tryed the windows + r to bring up quick actions...
  4. Mail and Calender app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail and Calender app: Hi, I´d like to restore the inbuilt Mail and Calender app after having used the Outlook app for mail/calender. I have tried to uninstall the Outlook app. Now, I cannot reinstall the Mail and Calender app, the installation stays pending and nothing happens....
  5. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  6. Action Center bugs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center bugs?: I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links are not opening, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list...
  7. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  8. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...
  9. Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening: Hi all, For the past couple of days, I have been having an issue with my start menu/action center not opening. Another issue is that all Windows 10 apps do not open and display the error: explorer.exe - class not registered. If anyone could help, that would be great!...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...