Windows 10: Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened?

Discus and support Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened? Tried opening from START, NOTIFICATIONS, Control Panel--no response. Sometimes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HowardPeaslee, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened?

Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened? Tried opening from START, NOTIFICATIONS, Control Panel--no response. Sometimes I get the blue screen with the gear and that's it. What's going on with windows 10?fri

:)

HowardPeaslee, Jul 6, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Windows 10 Action Center is not working anymore!

Hi Kamran,

To help you restore Action Center on your taskbar in Windows 10, please answer these questions:

• Did this happen after installing updates on your computer?
    • Is your computer part of a workgroup?
    Let's try the suggestion by Vijin V on this
    page
    to restore Action Center on your taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruz San, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Kol12 Win User

Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened?

Action Center bugs?

I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links are not opening, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list without opening the Youtube link. Could this be an issue with Chrome/Youtube and the Action Center or the Action Center itself?

Another issue when I open Action Center is that it very briefly opens from the left side of the screen before opening correctly on the right side. This is happening a lot more intermittently but appears buggy when it occurs. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? If I recall links were not opening from Action Center in Win 10 1803 either...

Kol12, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened?

1. Action Center no longer opens or works in Windows 10--what happened? - Similar Threads - Action Center longer

2. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  3. Windows 10 action center won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 action center won't open: Action center won’t open after update kb4497935 hello guys i face this problem after mini update in w 10 after restart my action center wont open , i tired many solution like usrclass rename and restart explorer and power-shell disable development mode and i also force...
  4. What happened to the icons in my action center?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to the icons in my action center?: [ATTACH] it's kinda bothering me lol. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-icons-in-my-action-center/46598f8f-ae2d-4d74-85a1-acc07c3ca72b
  5. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  6. Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10: Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10. I updated Dot Net 2017 Community Edition and after that the start menu and action center is not opening. I tried every possible solution on internet and Microsoft support but it still not working. Please...
  7. Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809: In Windows 10 1809, if the 'Let apps run in the background' is disabled, the action center does not work at all, and users don't even get notifications about new emails in outlook 2013, We disable the 'Let apps run in the background' by design via group policy, The problem...
  8. Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works: I used to get notification from Action Center for new email messages. Not any more. I searched various forums, and it appears to be a bug. Is everyone else experiencing this? I have two accounts connected to the Mail program--Outlook and Gmail. It's not getting...
  9. Open Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Action Center in Windows 10: Any way to put the action centre icon out of sight in the tray - its presence on the task bar irritates me. It doesn't appear in the list of things to show and hide and it can't be moved by drag dropping onto the 'open the tray arrow'. Oh, having it jump out on right edge...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...