Windows 10: Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 1809, if the 'Let apps run in the background' is disabled, the action center does not work at all, and users don't even get notifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Parsi_AD, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Parsi_AD Win User

Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

In Windows 10 1809, if the 'Let apps run in the background' is disabled, the action center does not work at all, and users don't even get notifications about new emails in outlook 2013,

We disable the 'Let apps run in the background' by design via group policy,

The problem started only in build 1809, in previous builds we did not have such problem, we did not change our group policy,

We don't want to allow the 'Let apps run in the background' setting, but we want the action center to work like it used to work in previous builds,

Is there a way to fix the action center and still prevent apps from running in the background in 1809?

Anyone know if Microsoft are working on a fix to this behavior?

I already submitted a feedback on the Feedback Hub, but did not get any update,

Thanks,

:)

Parsi_AD, Dec 19, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

1. Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Action Center working

2. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  3. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Action center not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not working!: Hello i tried all of this and it doesnt work, i get this error in powershell : Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the...
  5. action center not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center not working: recently i noticed my right side tab that goes off when there are notifications didnt do that anymore, everytime i try to click on it to show the notifications nothing happens, i've tried reaching the action center through different ways and i get windows shell is updating,...
  6. Action center not working

Action center not working: Hi. I have a problem, I cannot open action center with notifications in bottom bar and read them. I cant open calendar in bottom bar. I cant connect bluetooth devices, I click on "add bluetooth or other device" and nothing reacts. Please help...
  7. Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center not working in Windows 10 1809: In Windows 10 1809, if the 'Let apps run in the background' is disabled, the action center does not work at all, and users don't even get notifications about new emails in outlook 2016, The problem started only in build 1809, in previous builds we did not have such problem,...
  8. Action center in version 1809.

Action center in version 1809.: [ATTACH] How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-in-version-1809/9749bca2-e820-47d3-9fee-08e95249e292
  9. Action center in version 1809.

Action center in version 1809.: [ATTACH] How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-in-version-1809/9749bca2-e820-47d3-9fee-08e95249e292
  10. Action Center stopped working after 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center stopped working after 1809: So I just realized that I am not getting any notifications, I check with several programs and with Notifications Visualizer app from the store. The weirdest thing is that the speech bubble icon shows the notification count correctly but no notification sound or toast is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. action center notifications not working

2. windows search not working 1809

3. win 10 version 1809 mail notification not working

4. 1809 feb 2019 security center does not open,
  5. Action! window 10 1809,
  6. credentials not working on server 1809,
  7. windows 10 1809 notifications not working,
  8. action center not working,
  9. notification not working in windows 10 1809,
  10. windows 10 1809 action center messages,
  11. action center does not diplay notifications in windows 10 after update to 1809,
  12. Action center not wotking window 10 1809 update,
  13. action center not working after 1809,
  14. action center no notifications