Windows 10: Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

Discus and support Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having an issue with my users where we use a chat called freshdesk to help with our customers interact with our Customer Service professionals.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aafewtoomany, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

I am having an issue with my users where we use a chat called freshdesk to help with our customers interact with our Customer Service professionals. Its a cloud based system that connects to our online website. The users used to be able to have the notifcation pop up and stay in the action center with a sound. The notification still works for Outlook but stopped working for chrome. What is wierd about the whole issue is that for our company website when the Customer Service admin sends a response, the noise is made that a message was sent but no notification. When the customer IMs back it doesn't make any sound or any notification.

The computers information is:

Build: 1903

Updates: Completely up-to-date

Here are the things that I have done to solve the issue:

TS Step 1: Verified no content filtering is blocking the websites and have ensured all domains were white listed that was specified from Fresh desk support.

TS Step 2: Verified Chrome as the Site Setting notifications enabled for both websites. They are allow for notifications.

TS Step 3: Verified Settings > System > Notifications & Actions was enabled as well as Chrome. I have also turned it off and turned it back on with no help.

TS Step 4: Verified Settings > Privacy > Background apps was enabled. I also disabled it, restarted, enabled it, restarted and still doesn't work.

TS Step 5: Re-Registered Action Notification Center through powershell.

I have found a lot of literature saying that this is a known issue but also they have resolved it through the steps that I performed from above. If anybody can help in this I would greatly appreciate it.

submitted by /u/aafewtoomany
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aafewtoomany, Nov 12, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Action Center and notifications

While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't
    help me. Ironically, it's not intrusive enough. Is there a way to bypass the Action Center? So that I can actually see my hourly pop up?

Specifically, it's the Cool Clock extension on Google Chrome.

KathyLupus, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

Action Center and notifications

Hello
    KathyLupus

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

Method 1: Change Action Center settings.

I would suggest to ‘Change
    notification and action settings in Windows 10
    ’. Turn OFF all the notifications and turn it ON back and check if it works out for you.

Method 2: Change Google Chrome settings

1. Click on the Chrome menu (or press Alt+E).
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Click on the link titled ‘Show advanced settings‘.
    4. Under the section headed ‘System‘ check the box next to “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed”

Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome e6d473b9-c439-4dbf-ad4a-b7a76bdf64d9?upload=true.png

Method 3:
    Check your time and date settings.

1. Select Settings from the start menu> click on Time and Language.
    2. Make sure that ‘Set time automatically’ and ‘Set time zone automatically’ is turned on.

Method 4:
    Create a new local account

The reason might be due to user account corruption that would have occurred during an update or scan. So I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome

1. Action Center Notifications not popping up for Chrome - Similar Threads - Action Center Notifications

2. Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center: I have my google calendar alerts set to Desktop notifications , yet they rarely pop up. However, if I open my action center, they seem to be listed there as expected. They;'re just not popping up. It's as if my notifications are set to be muted, but they're not. Everything...
  3. Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center: I have my google calendar alerts set to Desktop notifications , yet they rarely pop up. However, if I open my action center, they seem to be listed there as expected. They;'re just not popping up. It's as if my notifications are set to be muted, but they're not. Everything...
  4. Google Desktop Notifications dont pop up but are in the action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Action Center keeps popping up 2021

Action Center keeps popping up 2021: Hi, I know this was an issue back in 2016 but it is happening again to me now. For some reason whenever I use my touchpad to click on my screen the action center automatically pops up even though I don't want it to. I know it is the touch pad because when I click around...
  6. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  7. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. Action center pops up on clicking the keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center pops up on clicking the keyboard: I updated my PC to windows 10 a week back. A day back , something got clicked and ever since then, Action center started popping up on clicking 'a' on the keyboard. Other keys work but this is very annoying as im using the on screen keyboard . Can anyone help me here? 55951