Windows 10: Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems

Discus and support Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello :) My primary problem is that the Action Center opens at every second click. I think the problem migth be with some touchpad settings, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by signe, Nov 10, 2015.

1. signe Win User

Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems

Hello Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems :)

My primary problem is that the Action Center opens at every second click. I think the problem migth be with some touchpad settings, but I haven't been able to identify them.

The touchpad started acting all weird all of a sudden. I have tried to restart the pc of course. That didn't help. I also ran a virus check, but at least nothing was identified. I have also tried to update the touchpad driver with no improvement.

Besides the Action Center appearing all the time, the touchpad stopped responding to taps (the way I usually click).
    I was able to borrow an external mouse. I had no problems with the mouse, but the problems remained with the touchpad. After disabling the touchpad and using the mouse for a while, the problems disappeared. However, there was still some weird behavior with the touchpad (some settings had changed, for example ClickLock had been turned on). The touchpad does not work the way the settings indicate in Settings > Devices > Mouse and touchpad > Additional mouse options > (Dell Touchpad >) Click to change DellTouchpad Settings.

Now the problems from before borrowing the mouse have reappeared, and I can't get access to a mouse at the moment.

My pc is a Dell XPS 13.

Any advice will be much appreciated Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems :)

:)

signe, Nov 10, 2015

2. Left Click Causes Action Center to Open

After upgrading to Windows 10, every time I left-click with my touchpad the action center pops open, or if it is already open it closes. The click actually works and brings focus to the area that I clicked on, but I then have to click again to close the
    action center and continue what I was doing. This also makes the double-click unusable as the focus changes every time I click.

Fortunately I have a touch screen laptop, and tapping on the touchscreen does not cause the action center to popup, so I at least have that option. I've seen a couple of posts about updating/reinstalling the mousepad driver software, but that has not fixed
    the problem.

Does anyone no what I can do to stop the action center from popping open? I have an HP Envy TouchSmart.

atschultz2, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Touchpad installation

I was recently experiencing a problem where every time i clicked anything on my laptop, the notification action center would pop up. To fix it I uninstalled my Dell Touchpad driver and restarted my laptop. The action center problem was fixed but now i can't
    reinstall the touchpad driver. It says it downloaded but when i go to my settings to activate it, it is nowhere to be found and it isnt on my list of apps and features. Please help

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Scott R. Story, Nov 10, 2015
  4. prupil Win User

Yes, just started happening to me too today, same laptop. Hardware problem for sure and I think heat related.

prupil, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Action Center opens at every second click & other touchpad problems - Similar Threads - Action Center opens

2. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  3. Action Center Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Problems: I am unable to open the messages in the Action Center for Outlook and the messages do not appear in my outlook mail. How do I find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-problems/0f45dd5a-f588-42f2-8539-02e06a70e864
  4. Action Center Won't Open

Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  5. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  6. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  8. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  9. Notification Center Opens With Every Touchpad Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification Center Opens With Every Touchpad Click: I've tried disabling and then reenabling the clickpad, I tried turning off four finger anything - argh! It started a few days after Windows updated itself. I have a HP Spectrum 360 I purchased in 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...