Windows 10: Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen

Discus and support Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a few weeks into Win10 and I've noticed that occasionally when I click the Action Center icon (lower left screen corner) that it opens briefly on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Telos, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Telos Win User

Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen

Just a few weeks into Win10 and I've noticed that occasionally when I click the Action Center icon (lower left screen corner) that it opens briefly on the left side, then vanishes to appear from the right side of the screen. This happens infrequently (maybe once daily, so it might be related to a fresh boot-up).

FWIW this unit was upgraded in place from Win8.1 if that matters.

Any ideas on this? Apparently screen location isn't a variable for the Action Center, so I'm befuddled.

:)

Telos, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Action Center Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2:

Change notifications in action center

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Action Center bugs?

I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links are not opening, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list without opening the Youtube link. Could this be an issue with Chrome/Youtube and the Action Center or the Action Center itself?

Another issue when I open Action Center is that it very briefly opens from the left side of the screen before opening correctly on the right side. This is happening a lot more intermittently but appears buggy when it occurs. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? If I recall links were not opening from Action Center in Win 10 1803 either...

Kol12, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen

Left Click Causes Action Center to Open

After upgrading to Windows 10, every time I left-click with my touchpad the action center pops open, or if it is already open it closes. The click actually works and brings focus to the area that I clicked on, but I then have to click again to close the
    action center and continue what I was doing. This also makes the double-click unusable as the focus changes every time I click.

Fortunately I have a touch screen laptop, and tapping on the touchscreen does not cause the action center to popup, so I at least have that option. I've seen a couple of posts about updating/reinstalling the mousepad driver software, but that has not fixed
    the problem.

Does anyone no what I can do to stop the action center from popping open? I have an HP Envy TouchSmart.

atschultz2, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen

1. Action Center opens momentarily on left side of screen - Similar Threads - Action Center opens

2. Can't open action center or wifi or anything on side of taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open action center or wifi or anything on side of taskbar: Idk when it started but when I click on action center it won't open nothing same for wifi and volume and even the calender there any help? submitted by /u/intriging_name [link] [comments]...
  3. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  4. Action Center Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  5. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  6. Action center is not opening.

Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  8. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  9. Move Action Center to the left

Move Action Center to the left: Hi! My taskbar is moved to the left side, that's how I like it basicaly. And when everything seems to be fine, Action Center on the right is pretty bad experience - having to move cursor all over the pleace to reach it. Is there a way to move Action Center to pop on the left...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...