Windows 10: action center & "show app notification" issue

Discus and support action center & "show app notification" issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi..my problem is that the "action center" shows "no entry symbol" .. and "show app notification" is greyed out (unable to swicth on or off).. is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattzack, Nov 13, 2015.

1. mattzack Win User

action center & "show app notification" issue

hi..my problem is that the "action center" shows "no entry symbol" ..
    and "show app notification" is greyed out (unable to swicth on or off)..
    is there any chance to fix them.. thx
    by the way i did follow tutorial from this link Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums .. but no help.."the no entry symbol" still there..

action center & "show app notification" issue [​IMG]

:)

mattzack, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Onkar HN Win User

notification for app

I thought that update 1 don't shows the notification for app/game installed, but now I'm on cyan update and still my 820 isn't giving notification in action center of "app is installed"... My 520 shows this notification. I've checked all action center
    settings and store settings. Don't know how many notifications are missing from 820...

Onkar HN, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Mail Notification Banners not showing

Hello. I have various mailboxes setup in mail. In settings I have "show notifications in action center" and "show notification banner" enabled but still I don't see the banner. I can see it in action center but can't see the banner.

Kashif Tasneem, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

It Could be something is corrupted, you could try opening an admin command prompt, copy & paste the following in:

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

And let it run through then
    reboot and run it again to check if it cleaned everything. It
    may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD), and it may
    appear to freeze at 20% on the third part, just be patient and
    let in run out.

Cliff S, Nov 13, 2015
  5. mattzack Win User
    thank you very much sir with your quick response and your help...everything is fine now...
    i found the tutorial from this forum and it work ...
    "show app notification" not grayed out anymore and the "action center" balloon back to normal now...

• Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.

• Type the following in the Run box: gpedit.msc

• Go to the following path in the left pane of Group Policy Editor:
      User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

• Locate and modify the following setting: Turn off all balloon notifications.
      Set it to Enabled

action center & "show app notification" issue [​IMG]

mattzack, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Good to hear it's fixed. Lucky you have the Pro version. The Home version doesn't have GPEdit.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. action center & "show app notification" issue - Similar Threads - action center show

2. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  3. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center app icons not showing in notification bar: Hi Team,I am using windows pro version. from some days i am unable to see action center app icons on my pc. after that i checked action center is in on/off. that is in on only. But, i am unable to see on right corner of my pc. So, i am requesting you please give me suggestion...
  4. Action center app icons not showing in notification bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notifications not showing in Action Center

Notifications not showing in Action Center: I have applications that are showing notification banners but never show up in the Action Center even though I have it enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-showing-in-action-center/8532d504-e5ee-45c4-ae25-6a6b80f04f17
  6. Action center not showing notifications

Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  7. Action Center is not showing past notifications

Action Center is not showing past notifications: This is a non functioning tool if I can not see what it notified me of. I have been looking for information on someone from my past for a long time. At start up before I even put in my passcode, I see a notification with this persons name on it so, I click to open it...
  8. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  9. Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center not showing notifications: Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing. This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2. I tried these suggestions...
  10. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...