Windows 10: Action Center stopped working

Discus and support Action Center stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried multiple solutions to it, like the sfc/scannow and the powershell solution, rebooting the pc. I have also tried deleting arial narrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngelAndrade1, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Action Center stopped working

I have tried multiple solutions to it, like the sfc/scannow and the powershell solution, rebooting the pc. I have also tried deleting arial narrow which is just not letting me do.

I also have no idea if it's related, but i am guessing it is, I can't get notifications for anything, not even for xbox game bar, which was working before, and just seemed to stop when action center did. Another problem I have is that everytime I try to acces Focus assist on windows settings, the app just crashes. I can't seem to open action center from another account in the same device or with winKey+A.

Everytime I either try to open action center or go to focus assist on settings i get this on event viewer:

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.610, time stamp: 0x5d4af3f4

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000010b2dc

Faulting process id: 0x4120

Faulting application start time: 0x01d7368e4bb44a69

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 5b5b9f11-abb4-4268-9e92-14ed2e7c3aea

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.19041.610_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I don't know what kernellbase.dll means or what it's supposed to do, but that seems to be the problem. And from what i've been looking online, it's related to microsoft outlook, but since I have never even touched outlook on this pc, i have no idea what that means for me. I really am clueless and have been waititng for it to either solve itself or just an update to the OS to fix it, but nothing so far. Any help would be appreciated

:)

AngelAndrade1, Apr 21, 2021

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 21, 2021
  3. JeffH1955 Win User
    Action Center in Windows 10 frequently stops working

I ran through your list to fix the same problem on my Windows 10 system. On mine the action center freezes each time a new message comes in. Also as a side note, all items you stop on give a note up above the icon. When hovering over the action center
    the new notification flag comes up over the action center icon and flashes to where it is very difficult to read the no new notifications or new notifications. When the icon is lit up and the new notifications flashes you can't get into action center and occasionally you
    can't get the start menu to work either and have to rely on a black pull down list that pops up only at that time. After going through all your steps my action center still does not work. I really don't want to back date my machine to last December 2015 as
    others have done from my current setup as of 7/20/16. Any help would be appreciated. I would have thought with this screwing up so many machines there would have been a fix on this by now in one of your many updates.

JeffH1955, Apr 21, 2021
  4. artins90 Win User

Action Center stopped working

Action Center stopped working after 1809

So I just realized that I am not getting any notifications, I check with several programs and with Notifications Visualizer app from the store.
    The weirdest thing is that the speech bubble icon shows the notification count correctly but no notification sound or toast is displayed when the notification arrives and on top of that, after opening the action center itself, the notifications don't appear in the list, it's completely empty.

I tried to create a new user and without even restarting the pc, I just logged off and switched account, the notifications work on the other account.

Focus assist is disabled, I double checked.

Do you happen to know any way to reset the action center?
    The event viewer lists:

Toast with notification tracking id 46 is being delivered to 58300WindowsNotifications.NotificationsVisualizer_8rkfj2ay7vd1w!App on session 1.

Start Toast Notification Forwarding activity

Stop Toast Notification Forwarding activity

58300WindowsNotifications.NotificationsVisualizer_8rkfj2ay7vd1w!App looks like an app, maybe reinstalling it could fix the issue?

artins90, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Action Center stopped working

1. Action Center stopped working - Similar Threads - Action Center stopped

2. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  3. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Action center not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not working!: Hello i tried all of this and it doesnt work, i get this error in powershell : Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the...
  5. action center not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center not working: recently i noticed my right side tab that goes off when there are notifications didnt do that anymore, everytime i try to click on it to show the notifications nothing happens, i've tried reaching the action center through different ways and i get windows shell is updating,...
  6. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  7. Action center not working

Action center not working: Hi. I have a problem, I cannot open action center with notifications in bottom bar and read them. I cant open calendar in bottom bar. I cant connect bluetooth devices, I click on "add bluetooth or other device" and nothing reacts. Please help...
  8. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  9. Action Center stopped working after 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center stopped working after 1809: So I just realized that I am not getting any notifications, I check with several programs and with Notifications Visualizer app from the store. The weirdest thing is that the speech bubble icon shows the notification count correctly but no notification sound or toast is...
  10. Problem, Action Center stopped working correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem, Action Center stopped working correctly: Hi, Having issues with Action Center since yesterday. Two things can happen 1) will not open when clicked, or 2) will open, briefly, for one or two seconds, and will close itself, while not allowing any click on it. I already did a restore to the day before, but problem...