Windows 10: Action Center will not open

Discus and support Action Center will not open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Aug 16, 2015.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

Action Center will not open

I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New Notifications''. Thank You.

:)

tazmo8448, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Marco Gav Win User
    Marco Gav, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Action Center will not open

After the September 2016 update, I am unable to left click on the taskbar. The start menu will not open nor will the notifications Center. I am trying to connect to the wifi on campus which needs you to sign in. To have the prompt to sign in show up, before
    the update I would click on the notification that said "MSU_Air needs attention" and a web page prompting me to sign in would come up. Now, that I can't click the notification because the action Center won't open, I can't get the prompt to sign in to come
    up. It does not come up when I open the web browser.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

EmilieRimlinger, Aug 16, 2015
  4. gswartz Win User

I'm having the same problem. In addition, sometimes the start menu won't show up. I've read to go into task manager, kill windows explorer and then restart the task but it never restarts properly and ends in having to restart the computer. There are a few other issues with windows 10 that are driving me crazy but I don't want to hijack your thread. I hope someone has an answer for this. I'm about to roll back to win7.

gswartz, Aug 21, 2015
  5. altae Win User
    On my pc this occasionally happens too. But not only the action center. The search button and sometimes even the start menu are also concerned by this error. Seems to be a issue with Windows 10 that needs fixing.

altae, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    I got sick of it and disabled it.

7. gswartz Win User
    How did you disable it?

gswartz, Aug 21, 2015
  8. tazmo8448 Win User

or responding to WINkey+A. I would imagine the quick fix workaround would be to boot to an .ISO and do a update in place. Seeing that other people are having similar issues good ole M$'ll eventually get around to patches, fixes and other sundry items down the road. After all the hooplah you would think they'd a had a good stable version trotted out but as in all things on the superhighway of computer-eze, functionality takes a back seat to innovation and ways to bring more advertising to our living rooms. I mean look at Vista and the more or less flop of W8 this way they can assure themselves of advertising revenue well into the future under the guise of 'new and improved'.....

tazmo8448, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Bazz Win User
    Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Center will not open - Similar Threads - Action Center open

2. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  3. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  4. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  5. Action center doesn't open

Action center doesn't open: My PC works fine except for my action center, which has refused to open for 2 months now. This means I don't get notifications of any kind. Everything else works, but the action center, once clicked, opens briefly, stays grey and empty for two seconds (without showing icons...
  6. Action Center Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  7. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  8. Action center is not opening.

Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  9. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  10. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...