Windows 10: Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications?

Discus and support Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! For ages I have wondered why Action Center doesn't show update notifications for Windows Store (or MS Office 365 Updates) new app updates? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjsuominen, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications?

Hi!

For ages I have wondered why Action Center doesn't show update notifications for Windows Store (or MS Office 365 Updates) new app updates? I have following configuration active on Windows:

- Store: Does not automatically update apps (> but I do not get notifications of those either!)
    - "Get notifications from Apps and other senders" is On
    - Notifications for "Microsoft Store" is On

Am I missing something or hasn't this even been implemented by MSFT?

And yes, I do get update notifications for Windows updates, Security updates etc. so the "service" itself is working for those (and other apps), but not for Windows Store updates or MS Office 365 update notifications.

I'm running Windows 10 May update version.

//timo

:)

tjsuominen, Jul 23, 2019
  2. NEURO2015 Win User

Action Center notifications launching Win Store on click

Greetings everyone,

A new quirk occurred that I haven't found a solution for yet. It started several days ago, maybe after an update, but not sure:

1. When a toast pops up, like a news alert, I go to the Action Center slide-out and click the news title to launch the article.
    2. The click launches the Windows Store and takes me to the page to download the MSN News app, although it's already installed and working. There's a blue button to 'Launch' it. (see screen capture)
    3. When I click the 'Launch' button, it then launches the MSN News app and takes me to the article that the toast notified me of.

I'm perplexed. How do I fix this so that the toast or headline in the Action Center opens the news app/article, instead of the store?

Thank you.

System: Windows 10 Pro AU x64, build 14393.447. All updates current.

Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications? [​IMG]

NEURO2015, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications?

Not Receiving Mail app Notifications in the Action Center

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps.

I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Change notification settings in action center

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications?

1. Action Center: Windows Store (apps) Update notifications? - Similar Threads - Action Center Store

2. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  3. Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center: Hello, I'm having issues with the notifications for the action center. The action center on windows 10 is working well, except that I want to get notifications for some apps like Brave, a new browser that i had installed for two or three weeks and it did not appear on the...
  4. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  5. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  6. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...
  7. Windows 10 mail app action center notification

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app action center notification: The Windows 10 mail app stops notifying me about new emails. What happens is I need to delete my account from the Windows mail app then recreate the account. The mail app will notify me a few times when new mail comes then it stops. Have to keep doing this over and over...
  8. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  9. Unable to switch on apps-notifications in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to switch on apps-notifications in action center: Hi, I'am unable to switch on the apps-notification switch in action center. The switch is fade out. I'am not aware if this worked before, I just run Windows 10 for 2 days 11186
  10. action center & "show app notification" issue

in Windows 10 Support
    action center & "show app notification" issue: hi..my problem is that the "action center" shows "no entry symbol" .. and "show app notification" is greyed out (unable to swicth on or off).. is there any chance to fix them.. thx by the way i did follow tutorial from this link Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows...