Windows 10: Action Center Won't Open

Discus and support Action Center Won't Open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Continuing from a previously locked question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyleKaja, Apr 29, 2020.

1. KyleKaja Win User

Action Center Won't Open

Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc

In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster than the one found in the linked question is to restart Explorer?

For example:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. End the explorer.exe task.

3. Run explorer.exe e.g. Task Manager -> File -> Run new Task -> Enter "explorer" in the "Open:" field and press "OK"

4. Try to open action center.

Is this the best way to fix the action center? Is there a way to prevent this from re-occurring in the future?

:)

KyleKaja, Apr 29, 2020
  2. dej3159 Win User

The Action Center

The Action Center Icon won`t open I've tried every thing I could think of any suggestions?

dej3159, Apr 29, 2020
  3. The Action Center

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] Action Center Not Working In Windows 10

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Action Center Won't Open

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Action Center Won't Open

1. Action Center Won't Open - Similar Threads - Action Center Won't

2. Action Center on Windows 11 won't opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center on Windows 11 won't opened.: Hello, I have a new laptop with windows 11 installed, after i used that laptop for 2 days my laptop got corrupted and black screen after install updates, but i solved that with chkdsk in cmd, but after i enter the desktop, there's another problem, action center in desktop...
  3. Action Center on Windows 11 won't opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center on Windows 11 won't opened.: Hello, I have a new laptop with windows 11 installed, after i used that laptop for 2 days my laptop got corrupted and black screen after install updates, but i solved that with chkdsk in cmd, but after i enter the desktop, there's another problem, action center in desktop...
  4. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  5. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  6. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  8. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  9. Windows 10 action center won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 action center won't open: Action center won’t open after update kb4497935 hello guys i face this problem after mini update in w 10 after restart my action center wont open , i tired many solution like usrclass rename and restart explorer and power-shell disable development mode and i also force...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...