Windows 10: Action Centre icon greyed out

Discus and support Action Centre icon greyed out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, The Action Centre icon is missing from the system tray and the switch appears on but is greyed out in the taskbar settings Both the group policy &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robgr, Nov 20, 2018.

1. robgr Win User

Action Centre icon greyed out

Hi,
    The Action Centre icon is missing from the system tray and the switch appears on but is greyed out in the taskbar settings
    Both the group policy & the registry appear correct
    The Win key + A key combination does nothing and neither does clicking the 'Edit your quick actions' link (which is red?) in Notifications & actions settings (Above here it says 'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation)?
    It suggests a group policy is enforced!
    Not certain when this behaviour started
    Details are 1809 18282.1000
    Any ideas?

:)

robgr, Nov 20, 2018

2. Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Airplane Mode, or Battery icons missing from Action Centre

Hi, Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Method 1: I checked this before writing in. All icons are on apart from ‘Power’ & ‘Location’ which are both greyed out for some reason.

Method 2: Step 1: Scannow came back with ‘Windows Resource did not find any integrity violations’

Method 2: Step 2: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image / Scanhealth came back with ‘No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully’

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image / Restorehealth came back with ‘The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

No change in Action centre or Notifications & actions.

Any other suggestions please.

John.

John A.Aspin, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Trapper Win User
    Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears.
    Also the icon for 'New Notifications' has stopped as well, when clicked I used to see a slide out popup asking me if I would recommend W10 to a friend but not now. If I right click to 'Open Action Centre' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to how to fix them?

Many thanks.

Trapper, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Action Centre icon changed

Hi,

The Action Centre icon is changed and I don't think there is a problem with the functionality.

If you want to give feedback about this icon, we would suggest you to use the Windows feedback app and send this feedback to the developers team.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Centre icon greyed out - Similar Threads - Action Centre icon

2. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  3. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  4. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Action Centre

Action Centre: Before i used to have the tablet mode icon in my action centre, but recently i resetted my pc because it was a bit sluggish, but now the tablet icon seems to be missing from the right panel action centre, the tablet mode is there in my pc, but the icon has disappeared from...
  6. action centre

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    action centre: The notification center will not stay open. Comes on momentarily and then goes off. How do I get it to work properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/300d282a-65a5-45c1-adad-2d13f3e56962"
  7. Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings

Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings: Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-centre-greyed-out-in/8811cd8d-8372-4e2f-91ab-2759298179ad
  8. Action centre

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action centre: After update to 1809 action centre is not showing the notifications.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre/3214836e-d26b-407c-b25b-3ecdd232b489
  9. Action Centre icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre icon greyed out: Hi, The Action Centre icon is missing from the system tray and the switch appears on but is greyed out in the taskbar settings Both the group policy & the registry appear correct The Win key + A key combination does nothing and neither does clicking the 'Edit your quick...
  10. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....