Windows 10: Action Recommended message

Discus and support Action Recommended message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed How do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Freddie750, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Action Recommended message

The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed

How do I get rid of the message or locate what is causing it?

:)

Freddie750, Aug 4, 2018

2. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Defender Actions Recommended

This is an unacceptable workaround at best. I'm not going to blindly do this every time Windows Update decides to push out an update, which can happen at any time, and has happened at any time.

Where can I find the Actions Recommended list?

Since there is a notification, there must be a list of what those notifications are, even if it tells me there was a problem because of a virus checker. We have had this issue for months (including my old laptop), and this is a new machine doing the same
    thing.

What you are telling me seems to imply that we will get notified even if there are, in fact, no action items. This would indeed be a bug in Windows Defender Action Notifications, would it not?

Kelly Craven, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Action Recommended message

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Action Recommended message

1. Action Recommended message - Similar Threads - Action Recommended message

2. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow icon showing action recommended: I have an issue in my PC. I clicked the yellow alert icon saying action recommended. It run quick scan but it already running like forever and won't stop . What do I need to do?...
  3. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  4. Windows Security - Actions recommended

Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  5. windows security-action recommended

windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...
  6. "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

"Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?: I think I may have a minor virus on my computer, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and started a free trial. Malwarebytes isn't detecting the virus I am confident I have, but that's its own problem I think I can figure out on my own. Right now, I'm confused by the fact that I'm...
  7. security icon, actions recommended

security icon, actions recommended: since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended. when i open the security dashboard all icons virus protect, account, firewall/netwok, app browser control, device security and performance and health are all...
  8. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  9. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???: I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my...
  10. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...