Windows 10: Actioncam not detected

Discus and support Actioncam not detected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dogfonos, Feb 19, 2021.

1. dogfonos Win User

Actioncam not detected

Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera.

Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology.

Last summer, I had no problems connecting the same actioncam, via USB cable, and copying video files from the actioncam to the PC. I didn't need to install any additional software (drivers?) - it just worked.

Late last year the PC had slowed to a crawl and took several minutes to start up so, after a half day of 'research', I took advice from a website and disabled some Windows software (apps/services/processes or whatever) from starting using Task Manager. This was months ago and I certainly can't remember what I disabled. Disabling this software made a small difference so I left it disabled. The PC continued to work adequately for my non-intensive needs until yesterday when I connected the same actioncam that had worked fine over last summer and now the PC doesn't even detect it. The actioncam isn't visible in File Explorer - it's like the USB connecting lead is broken (so I've tried two more leads to the same effect).

I've searched for similar problems and checked a couple of tutorials on this forum but, with my limited grasp of terminology (so not sure of search terms) I haven't found any info. on a camera not being detected (most similar problems concern Autoplay).

Grateful for any pointers.
    PS I saw that CameraMonitorApplication was disabled in Task Manager so I have enabled that (to no effect).

:)

dogfonos, Feb 19, 2021

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Actioncam not detected

Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Actioncam not detected

1. Actioncam not detected - Similar Threads - Actioncam detected

2. 3 Sketchy detected things. IFrameBO.gen, Exploit:JS/Blackhole!MSR,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3 Sketchy detected things. IFrameBO.gen, Exploit:JS/Blackhole!MSR,...: Hello, I downloaded the kali linux iso which I only use in my virtual machine, and windows security detected stuff and it got abandoned. i also cannot delete kali.iso file [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH], is it false po?...
  3. Windows deffender detected a virus in AdvancedWindowsManager

Windows deffender detected a virus in AdvancedWindowsManager: i got a message while i was watching nf that it detected a virus that was runing, i was like its proboly a fake alert since i have a program that windows says is a virus but isnt, but it detected a virus called "AdvancedWindowsManage"r i have made so noting and no one can...
  4. Actioncam not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Actioncam not detected: Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology. Last summer, I had no problems connecting...
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable: My Hard Drive crashed and I replaced it. Installed a new OS and now my Storage Pool drives are no longer visible and My Storage Pool is not available. I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as Storage Pool. Is there any way to get them...
  6. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card: Last night, I reset my pc and reinstalled windows. When my pc finally finished resetting, it won't detect my GeForce RTX 2060. I tried to install Nvidia drivers but Nvidia keeps saying that the driver package is not compatible with my version of Windows. I already checked for...
  7. Network Adapter not detected

Network Adapter not detected: Hello, I just suddenly had a problem with the wifi on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Wifi network connections just stopped showing when I click on the Internet Access button. Instead of showing the three big buttons at the bottom Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot, it...
  8. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound): I connected my soundbar to my PC via HDMI. However, the soundbar isn't even detected. The output device is still "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio). For reference, I am running a Ryzen 7 4700G with integrated graphics. Does anyone have any idea on how to get...
  9. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.: So, i had a file from my game cyberpunk2077, i made it zip and then windows defender said, it is a virus. I am really frightened, i made it quarantanne and this file just disappear from deskop. Is it false positive? I visited a website and there was wrote that it is an error...
  10. Use Actioncam as webcam?

Use Actioncam as webcam?: I have the following actioncam and want to use it as a webcam. However, no suitable drivers can be installed. GoXtreme Race mini Thanks in advance! Actioncam als Webcam verwenden?