Windows 10: Actioncam not detected

Discus and support Actioncam not detected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dogfonos, Feb 19, 2021.

1. dogfonos Win User

Actioncam not detected

Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera.

Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology.

Last summer, I had no problems connecting the same actioncam, via USB cable, and copying video files from the actioncam to the PC. I didn't need to install any additional software (drivers?) - it just worked.

Late last year the PC had slowed to a crawl and took several minutes to start up so, after a half day of 'research', I took advice from a website and disabled some Windows software (apps/services/processes or whatever) from starting using Task Manager. This was months ago and I certainly can't remember what I disabled. Disabling this software made a small difference so I left it disabled. The PC continued to work adequately for my non-intensive needs until yesterday when I connected the same actioncam that had worked fine over last summer and now the PC doesn't even detect it. The actioncam isn't visible in File Explorer - it's like the USB connecting lead is broken (so I've tried two more leads to the same effect).

I've searched for similar problems and checked a couple of tutorials on this forum but, with my limited grasp of terminology (so not sure of search terms) I haven't found any info. on a camera not being detected (most similar problems concern Autoplay).

Grateful for any pointers.
    PS I saw that CameraMonitorApplication was disabled in Task Manager so I have enabled that (to no effect).

:)

dogfonos, Feb 19, 2021

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Actioncam not detected

Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Actioncam not detected

1. Actioncam not detected - Similar Threads - Actioncam detected

2. HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One...: HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One printer/scanner, but not the scanner portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-computer-detecting-printer-portion/a46a3ab2-5250-4cd1-af74-7fddbee324fc
  3. HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One...: HP All-In-One computer detecting printer portion of my Cannon MP560 All-In-One printer/scanner, but not the scanner portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-computer-detecting-printer-portion/a46a3ab2-5250-4cd1-af74-7fddbee324fc
  4. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  5. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  6. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  7. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  8. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Actioncam not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Actioncam not detected: Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology. Last summer, I had no problems connecting...
  10. Use Actioncam as webcam?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Actioncam as webcam?: I have the following actioncam and want to use it as a webcam. However, no suitable drivers can be installed. GoXtreme Race mini Thanks in advance! Actioncam als Webcam verwenden?