Windows 10: Actioncam not detected

Discus and support Actioncam not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dogfonos, Feb 26, 2021.

1. dogfonos Win User

Actioncam not detected

Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera.

Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology.

Last summer, I had no problems connecting the same actioncam, via USB cable, and copying video files from the actioncam to the PC. I didn't need to install any additional software (drivers?) - it just worked.

Late last year the PC had slowed to a crawl and took several minutes to start up so, after a half day of 'research', I took advice from a website and disabled some Windows software (apps/services/processes or whatever) from starting using Task Manager. This was months ago and I certainly can't remember what I disabled. Disabling this software made a small difference so I left it disabled. The PC continued to work adequately for my non-intensive needs until yesterday when I connected the same actioncam that had worked fine over last summer and now the PC doesn't even detect it. The actioncam isn't visible in File Explorer - it's like the USB connecting lead is broken (so I've tried two more leads to the same effect).

I've searched for similar problems and checked a couple of tutorials on this forum but, with my limited grasp of terminology (so not sure of search terms) I haven't found any info. on a camera not being detected (most similar problems concern Autoplay).

Grateful for any pointers.
    PS I saw that CameraMonitorApplication was disabled in Task Manager so I have enabled that (to no effect).

:)

dogfonos, Feb 26, 2021
  2. dogfonos Win User

Actioncam not detected

Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera.

Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology.

Last summer, I had no problems connecting the same actioncam, via USB cable, and copying video files from the actioncam to the PC. I didn't need to install any additional software (drivers?) - it just worked.

Late last year the PC had slowed to a crawl and took several minutes to start up so, after a half day of 'research', I took advice from a website and disabled some Windows software (apps/services/processes or whatever) from starting using Task Manager. This was months ago and I certainly can't remember what I disabled. Disabling this software made a small difference so I left it disabled. The PC continued to work adequately for my non-intensive needs until yesterday when I connected the same actioncam that had worked fine over last summer and now the PC doesn't even detect it. The actioncam isn't visible in File Explorer - it's like the USB connecting lead is broken (so I've tried two more leads to the same effect).

I've searched for similar problems and checked a couple of tutorials on this forum but, with my limited grasp of terminology (so not sure of search terms) I haven't found any info. on a camera not being detected (most similar problems concern Autoplay).

Grateful for any pointers.
    PS I saw that CameraMonitorApplication was disabled in Task Manager so I have enabled that (to no effect).

dogfonos, Feb 26, 2021
  3. dogfonos Win User
    Actioncam not detected

Humble pie time!

It appears I had the actioncam on the incorrect setting (which was "PC Camera"). I just changed that to "Mass Storage" and it works fine. *Redface

Problem is that these terms mean little to me.

I appreciate your replies and apologies for wasting your time.

dogfonos, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Actioncam not detected

Actioncam not detected

Hello @dogfonos,

Excellent, no apologies necessary, and you are VERY welcome. *Thumbs
    Please mark this thread as Solved.

Paul Black, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Actioncam not detected

1. Actioncam not detected - Similar Threads - Actioncam detected

2. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is detected but not working: Heloo everyonei ı am having prroblems with my mic. Windows detects mic also the realtek software detects mic but its not working. The problem is not with the mic since ı use it with other devices whic works fine. When ı make sound there is no change in the sound bar as...
  3. Windows 10 suddenly doesn't detect my Bookeen ereader

Windows 10 suddenly doesn't detect my Bookeen ereader: Last night, I connected my ereader and it has been detected. I managed to add an ebook from my laptop to my ereader, and suddenly, Windows 10 doesn't detect my device anymore as I wanted to add a second one. I tried to reset my ereader, to reboot my laptop, nothing worked. I...
  4. wont detect second monitor

wont detect second monitor: my second monitor was working fine all of a sudden dosent detect i know the monitor work w my other computer but it wont detect on my dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-detect-second-monitor/9f215ffd-ee32-4363-b645-b16c4aec2303
  5. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: Hey Guys! Yesterday, Windows did one of its auto updates. When it was done, it came to a Blue screen that gave me the PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. I get that error about 2 sec after I see my windows logo when I boot up the PC. I have tried literally everything and still...
  6. Brother DCP357C is not detected correctly by Windows 10

Brother DCP357C is not detected correctly by Windows 10: Hello I have Brother DCP357C. When it's plugged in Windows detects it as USB Composite Device. Three weeks ago I reinstalled my system. Since then I didn't use my printer, and just now I have noticed this issue. I also can't install any drivers or software for this...
  7. Audio Jack in my laptop isn't detecting Mic, Headset, Line in, Speaker

Audio Jack in my laptop isn't detecting Mic, Headset, Line in, Speaker: How do I show the notification on my laptop every time I plug in an audio device? For some reason, the audio jack is constantly set to receive it as a headphone input, and I wish to be able to choose other options such as mic, headset, line in, and speaker....
  8. 2nd Monitor not detected although it mirrors the 1st

2nd Monitor not detected although it mirrors the 1st: Hello, I just purchased a new Dell Inspirion 7306 2n1 laptop and I have a UtechSmart USBType-C Hub Pro Product Model: UCN3270 docking station with two HP 27f monitors. When I plug the hub into the USB-C port on the laptop, windows recognizes the hub as only one monitor....
  9. Actioncam not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Actioncam not detected: Would very much appreciate guidance on how I can persuade my W10 Pro 32 bit PC (version 1909) to detect my action camera. Please bear in mind that my knowledge on these matters is minimal and I may inadverently misuse terminology. Last summer, I had no problems connecting...
  10. Use Actioncam as webcam?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Actioncam as webcam?: I have the following actioncam and want to use it as a webcam. However, no suitable drivers can be installed. GoXtreme Race mini Thanks in advance! Actioncam als Webcam verwenden?