Windows 10: ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile

Discus and support ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, for a client, we made a Windows 10 1903 WDS Image, which is distributed over network in the domain. For the default user profile, we made our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by P2019, Jun 25, 2019.

1. P2019 Win User

ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile

Hello,

for a client, we made a Windows 10 1903 WDS Image, which is distributed over network in the domain.

For the default user profile, we made our customizations, which were copied afterwards via sysprep to the Server (\\xxxxxx\NETLOGON\Default User.v6\)

After logging in as a Domain user, the profile from the server is loaded - which seems to be ok.
    Unfortunately the Action Center is not working as expected - there are no Quick-Actions. I'm also not able to modify these settings (a right-click does nothing - the context-menu with the option "Edit" is not shown):

ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile 99543d69-6516-4e9b-832e-8e89d00a976c?upload=true.jpg

This is, what I expect to be shown (Which is the case, after I delete the folder \\xxxxxx\NETLOGON\Default User.v6\ and log in as another domain user - so it seems to be a problem with the user profile)

ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile 57df4f57-78a7-44cb-8742-ffb693045e1c?upload=true.jpg

In the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\ PinnedQuickActionSlotCount is set to 4.
    The Group Policy "Remove Notifications and Action Center" is set to "Disabled".

Has anyone had a similar problem, and solved it? Or any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks,
    P2019

:)

P2019, Jun 25, 2019
  2. otium Win User

Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Thema:

1. ActionCenter: No Quick Actions as Domain-User with a custom Default User-Profile - Similar Threads - ActionCenter Quick Actions

2. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  3. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  4. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  6. Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?: Hello, Is there a way to customize the Default Profile for AzureAD Users? We have a Windows 10 image that we captured using CloneZilla Lite Server. That image was then configured by changing the settings, default apps, items pinned on Start menu and Taskbar, as well as...
  7. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.: I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access. This group is used for our...
  8. Customize Edge for default user profile

in Browsers and Email
    Customize Edge for default user profile: Hello All I would like to know what settings can be customized in Edge and copied to default user profile. So it will be available for all user logging to the machine. I tried to customize Edge, set a home page and display the favorite toolbar for example. However after...
  9. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935
  10. Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10 How to Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Default User Profile is stored in a hidden folder in main profile folder Users. When a new user is created,...