Windows 10: Actions being blocked

Discus and support Actions being blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Danny S, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Danny S Win User

Actions being blocked

I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I turn off the Controlled folder access in Ransomeware Protection? The blocking history goes back to the beginning of January and has several blocked access with Low status. If it's blocking the restart process from completing perhaps that's why I can not complete the System update to version 2004 also? Any thoughts?

:)

Danny S, Jan 19, 2021

2. Block e-mails

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

to block the senders please follow these steps

open the message you want to block.

Add the sender to the blocked senders list.

In Windows Live Mail, choose Actions→Junk E-Mail→Add Sender to Blocked Senders List.

In Windows Mail, choose Message→Junk E-Mail→Add Sender to Blocked Senders List.

In Outlook Express, choose Message→Block Sender.

Click the Yes button or click OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Actions being blocked

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Actions being blocked

1. Actions being blocked - Similar Threads - Actions being blocked

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  5. Actions being blocked by Protected Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked by Protected Folder Access: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  6. Chrome is not being blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome is not being blocked: I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-being-blocked/288a942f-29d3-4278-b09f-d13250eb6e9c
  7. Software is being blocked

Software is being blocked: Some software is being blocked. I use Norton Antivirus as my primary firewall but I have contacted them and they say Microsoft is blocking the software not them. How do I unblock software blocked by Microsoft when they aren't the primary security?...
  8. Port is being blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port is being blocked: For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear...
  9. Action center slider is blocked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center slider is blocked?: In Settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/action-center-slider-is-blocked/02e38d9c-0589-4b47-ae2d-174544cf1b9c
  10. suspicious action was blocked

suspicious action was blocked: My kaspersky total security 2016 just detected these(pls see attached file). There were about 82 of these yesterday August 21 but also I had that as many on August 6 and July 31 or maybe even before that. Under 'action' there are many types (perform code injection, duplicate...