Windows 10: Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu

Discus and support Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It's in the file autorun.inf [autorun] label=ANY_LABEL icon=VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe action=VeraCrypt open=VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fun-Pin9653, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu

/u/Fun-Pin9653, Jan 16, 2023

2. Autorun on a USB is not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 16, 2023
  3. MilkyWay Win User
    Just when you think MS is getting a little Smarter/Microsoft kills off autorun

AutoRun you set a program to run sutomticaly depending on the media type or file type

so you say vlc to automatically play any mpeg videos

autoplay is that the box that brings up a list of commands like view and a list of programs to run it on?

MilkyWay, Jan 16, 2023
  4. Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu

autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2023
Thema:

Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu

1. Actions from the autorun file are not displayed in the autoplay menu - Similar Threads - Actions autorun file

2. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  3. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  4. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  5. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  6. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Autorun & Autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autorun & Autoplay: Sometimes, when I connect USB peripherals to my computer keyboards and mice, a utility management software installer for that peripheral is launched. For example razer peripherals sometimes launch synapse installer. Two questions: 1Does windows download these utilities...
  8. Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay (or is it autorun?) issue with mounted images inf ignored: So after re-installing daemon tools (i didnt get the memo that sptd got perma broken with windows 1903) I discovered (likely an issue prior, just noticed now) that I wasnt getting the icon in my navigation pane for whatever iso I mounted. this was further determined to not...
  9. Disabling Autoplay/Autorun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Autoplay/Autorun: I am doing myself a system security audit and I would like to clear some confusion on the differences between the Autoplay settings in the Windows 10 Control Panel and the settings that are on the Group Policy Editor. If I Disable Autoplay within the actual Windows 10...
  10. Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset the autoplay/autorun devices list: In autoplay settings, i have the list of each device i connected so far. How do i remove them? 60251