Windows 10: "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

Discus and support "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think I may have a minor virus on my computer, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and started a free trial. Malwarebytes isn't detecting the virus I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Will_342, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Will_342 Win User

"Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

I think I may have a minor virus on my computer, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and started a free trial. Malwarebytes isn't detecting the virus I am confident I have, but that's its own problem I think I can figure out on my own. Right now, I'm confused by the fact that I'm getting the yellow triangle on my Windows Security, and getting messages saying "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes", and "Actions recommended for threat protection or scans". However, when I open Malwarebytes, I don't see any recommended actions. Can anyone give me suggestions for what to do?

:)

Will_342, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Ṣmeed Win User

malwarebytes

Dear John,

What I meant was that I would suggest that you start your own question in the Malwarebytes help forum and explain to them what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a Malwarebytes user myself but it sounds to me as if your problems/issues started when you updated your free Malwarebytes to the current version 4.

If I were you I would follow these steps (although they say that's for version 3.... But I couldn't find anything for version 4):

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

and ask your own question.

I would like to mention that I used to recommend the free Malwarebytes version quite often in the past.

Since some time though I - personally - am wondering about quite a few things in connection with Malwarebytes.

In my personal opinion: Malwarebytes tends to be verrrry aggressive in what they decide to flag as potentionally unwanted programs....

You certainly can decide what you want to allow and what not, the respective settings for version 4 seem to be explained here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3543

What I would like to suggest as well is that you perhaps think about asking for free expert (real experts) help in this forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

This does not mean that I necessarily think that your computer is "infected" ... But: It certainly cannot damage anything when real malware experts lead you through some thorough check-ups/scans etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best wishes,

Smeed.

Ṣmeed, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

Recently there were various changes regarding Malwarebytes...

Malwarebytes 3 - Frequently Asked Questions

especially:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191650-malwarebytes-30-frequently-asked-questions/#comment-1077438

Suggestion to read

Malwarebytes for Windows Help - Settings

Scroll down to Windows Action Center, see:

You may have noticed a flag in your system tray that sometimes has a red icon with a white X appear over the flag. That is a status indicator for the Windows Action Center, which tells you when your computer has a security issue that needs your attention.
    Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 or Malwarebytes Trial 3.0 can now be registered as a security solution on your computer. There are three settings available, which will be abbreviated here for easier reading. Brief descriptions for the meaning of each setting are
    also provided.

• Let Malwarebytes choose whether to register: Malwarebytes will determine whether it should be registered in Action Center. The program will not register when Microsoft Security Essentials is in use on a Windows 7 or older operating
      system. It will also not register when Windows Defender is used on a Windows 8 or newer OS.
    • Always register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will always appear in Action Center.
    • Never register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will never appear in Action Center.

Jsssssssss, Dec 27, 2020
  4. "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

Malwarebytes

Is it recommended to install Malwarebytes by Cleverbridge with Windows Defender on Widows 10

MalcolmTaylor_NZ, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

"Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

1. "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything? - Similar Threads - Actions recommended Malwarebytes

2. Windows Security - Actions recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/3f79d101-8fa0-487a-9557-e29eba0f5514
  4. Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merkabaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezuyio/sorry_to_be_annoying_windows_defender_says/
  5. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  7. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  8. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  9. Action Recommended message

Action Recommended message: The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed How do I get rid of the message or locate what is causing it?...
  10. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Can someone Please give me a good trusted free link to MailwareBytes Antispam ware No trial .Thanks Jerry *Smile 50262

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Security actions recommended in Malwarebytes