Windows 10: Activate already activated Windows 10

Discus and support Activate already activated Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, I have a year old Lenovo laptop which I reset a month ago. It came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. I updated everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rajan Bhola, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Activate already activated Windows 10

Hello there,

I have a year old Lenovo laptop which I reset a month ago. It came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition.

I updated everything after resetting and things were working just fine. I hadn't used it since then and when I turned it on today, it asked me to activate Windows which is totally surprising.

As I mentioned earlier, it came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home, which completely baffled me. I tried troubleshooting it by going to Settings > Update and Security > Activation, without any luck.

After clicking on 'Troubleshoot' nothing gets fixed and on the right hand side it says Activation error 0xC004F050 under "Have a question?" Activate already activated Windows 10 5abc3309-46ba-4e98-856d-3e8ad879ac2a?upload=true.jpg

I reset it again today hoping things will be back to normal but nothing happened. It still is asking me to activate Windows.

Activate already activated Windows 10 [​IMG] The bottom picture is after I click on 'Troubleshoot'. Note how Product ID and Product Key just vanish and there is that error code on the right hand side.

What do I do with this mess? I hope someone helps me out quickly. Thanks in advance.

:)

Rajan Bhola, Mar 5, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Mar 5, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Activate already activated Windows 10

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Activate already activated Windows 10

1. Activate already activated Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Activate already activated

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  4. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Asking to activate windows after already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking to activate windows after already activated: I originally bought a pc with windows 8.1 installed and the product key sticker on the side. I later upgraded to windows 10 for free. I upgraded this pc with a new motherboard some months ago. This week it asked me to active windows again, so I typed in the windows 8.1 key...
  6. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  7. Windows activation but its already activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation but its already activated: So yeah when ever I set windows to hibernate & turn it on after it shows me the activate windows logo & it won't go away until I restart my computer and my computer takes like 4 minutes to start anybody have a fix submitted by /u/youssefaghazane [link] [comments]...
  8. "Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows

"Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows: Hi,since I updated to 1903,the message on the border of the screen saying that I need to activate Windows appears two times daily,one at afternoon and one during dawn,this is annoying and also causes fps drops on the videogame I'm playing when this happens,as I stated on the...
  9. i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated

i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated: Hello, if i want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop ( i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated on laptop when i bought the laptop and i don't have the activation key ) do i need the activation key ? The product id is :00325-95800-00000-AAOEM...
  10. window 10 already activate

window 10 already activate: As title said.....I upgrade to window10 from my , but when i went to activate it in update and secruity,it already was......How can this be,i didnt get a product key or activate it 20266

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows asking for activation although it was already activated

2. windows 10 clean install already activated