Windows 10: Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

Discus and support Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC that I've been running for many years and it originally had Windows XP which was upgraded to Windows 7 Pro using a purchased Windows 7 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikestecker, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

I have a PC that I've been running for many years and it originally had Windows XP which was upgraded to Windows 7 Pro using a purchased Windows 7 Pro Upgrade key. This PC was then later upgraded for free to Windows 10, however the hard drive has failed and I'm replacing the hard drive.

My question is, can I use the Windows 7 Pro Upgrade key during the activation process inside of Windows 10 to activate Windows 10?

:)

mikestecker, Mar 20, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 20, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

1. Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key - Similar Threads - Activate clean Pro

2. Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key: We are upgrading multiple pc's to Windows 10 from 7 and when using the Windows 7 key and it works fine. Just want to know if this is legit? Thanks...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  4. Windows Pro clean instillation with activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro clean instillation with activation key: I have a brand new MSI GF75 Thin 95C and i have purchased a windows pro licence. i have downloaded the most recent windows 10 and used the tool and have the bootable media. i can successfully boot and install windows but at no point does if show the window for the wi...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes: I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I used to have Windows 10 Home, and the license would be associated to the system, not the account. I am using two different Windows 7 Professional Licenses, but the activation servers would prompt me an error. 0x803f7001...
  6. Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations

Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations: I work in the IT department for a local government. During the initial release of Windows 10, we upgraded as many PC’s as we could during the one year free period. We still had a number of PC’s that could not be upgraded at the time due to software compatibility issues....
  7. Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key

Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key: Hi all, From what I understand, we could use our existing Windows 7/8.1 product key to activate a Windows 10 product. I have been receiving error code : 0xC004C003 when using my genuine Windows Pro 7 key though. The installed Windows 10 is the Pro version. Any help...
  8. Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key

Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key: Hi guys Quick question which I have tried googling and found no definitive answer to. I have Windows 10 Home and want to upgrade to Pro. I also have an unactivated Windows 7 Pro key from an old laptop. Does anyone know whether I can use the Windows 7 Pro key to activate...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key: Hey guys I'm kinda stuck here. Our company has a Windows 7 "Upgrade" key that we use on all of our machines and we're trying to find a way to fresh install Windows 10 using that key but it's giving us an invalid response. If we upgrade the machine from the current Windows 7...
  10. Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 Pro MAK Key and Upgrade: I am the admin for a small non-profit. We do not have a Volume License key per se, but we do have a MAK license key. Some of our laptops have been popping up with the "reserve your Windows 10" box. How would this work, considering we use a MAK key? I'm assuming the upgrade...